One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

2 hours ago, martc said:

image.thumb.png.d908ec7f1d035ea6231e585e4062e7ea.png

So much going on - at least one shite, railshite, lorryshite and some poor parking.

Entitled - 'D1036 Western Emperor with a train of empties returning to Merehead quarry through Bath on 18th July 1975.' (although shouldn't it have a TOPS number by then?)

None of the Westerns ever received a TOPS number as they were being withdrawn at the time, the last ones in 1977.  I assume this would have been 52036 had they been used for longer.

9 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

spacer.png

That picture takes me back to 1981 riding to work through Stonebridge Park and Harlesden. You just know a maroon Avenger or Hunter is about to screech into shot and the occupants get out and start pushing those lads against the wall , making friends and laying the foundations of a riot.

12 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

That picture takes me back to 1981 riding to work through Stonebridge Park and Harlesden. You just know a maroon Avenger or Hunter is about to screech into shot and the occupants get out and start pushing those lads against the wall , making friends and laying the foundations of a riot.

Around 1974 (the time of the three day week) I did mini-cabbing out of an office in Harlesden in my Triumph 2000. We had some good clients so I had a few celebs as passengers. One night I had to take an urgently needed computer part up to Pilkingtons in St Helens. When I got into the town I stopped to ask a chap where Pilkingtons was. "its all around you mate" was the reply.