One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

13 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Never heard anything compared to a giraffe before. Surely it’s a London bus , approx same height as a giraffe?

And what gets me more is not which way the giraffe was halved but why use half a giraffe as a unit of measurement at all when there must be other animals that are already about half the size of a giraffe without having to start cutting them up. A donkey? Or a small cow. A Stag. Though some stags are probably bodily nearly the same as I giraffe. So we really have no idea how big this asteroid is. 

The giraffe is really not a sensible unit of measurement unless the asteroid was literally giraffe shaped but smaller. 

12 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

20230108_091809.thumb.jpg.0337e9955320b82262d51327c9e40446.jpg

BL engineers scratching their heads as a support car breaks down during final testing of an ADO71 Diablo XX prototype (18-22 series, later Princess) in Hondo, Texas circa 1974.

That’s a federal-bumpered Austin Marina in the foreground.  The Marina was the last inexpensive saloon/coupe BL attempted to sell in the USA.

22 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

I wonder why????

Why they sold it or why they stopped?

Presumably BL wanted to compete with the Toyota Corona, Datsun 610, Dodge (Mitsubishi) Colt and the newly launched Fiat 131.

As for the domestic alternatives, neither the Ford Pinto nor the Chevrolet Vega were available as a four door saloon, so I really don’t see them as direct rivals.