Car required

whitevanman

Well my Sons back from Afghanistan and has suddenly become single again..................

so he wants to splash out on a new toy for himself.........

requirements

1- it must be "ME"

2- preferably Black

3- "something a bit fancy"

4- MOT'd and preferably taxed

5- NOT a ridiculous insurance group as he is only 22

6- no more than £1500 give or take

7- preferably post 1999....though if it was a cool motor I suspect he would change his mind :roll:

his previous motors include

Sierra Saphire

1600 Escrot

318i BMW

Subaru Legacy

any one got anything that fits the bill or some suggestions? this is way, way out of my price league

I think a Reliant Scimitar SS1/SST would be a great car for your son. Post 1986 models have a galvanised chassis and the body is fibreglass.

Reliant did 1.3, 1.6, 1.4 Ford engine and a 1.8 Nissan I4 Turbo engine. (The turbo model being quick as it is an 840kg car) . My only point would be is they only have 2 seats. Hard tops can be sourced for winter also.

They are not for everyone, some people love 'em some people hate 'em (looks wise). You could probably source a nice one for £1000 - £2000 depending on model, year mileage etc, which in my opinion is alot of car for the money.

A great load of fun for little cost.

Someone at work is selling a 53 reg MG ZT 2.5 190bhp in black, all the toys,tidy looking thing with I think 106k on the clock,

He's asking 1800 but open to offers, these seem to make regular appearances in the sub 1500 category, not sure if they appeal to the youth of today though.

if you could get some details of that it would be cool thanks :D

Quote from the USSR car club forum, if he wants something a little odd....

Because of my change of circumstances due to retirement and limited vehicle storage, it is time to part company with my FSO Caro 1.5 GLi Prima (1495cc petrol).

In my ownership for the last 6+ years, has been in regular use & now with a genuine 35k miles, and maintained by my local garage.

Very similar to the one that Lee sold a few months ago, and the same Splendour Red colour.

Currently has one months MOT and 4 months tax. Will require both rear exhaust boxes and possibly attention to the drivers door locking mechanism for the next MOT, but recent advisories, together with a comprehensive maintenance record, would suggest little else should be required - ready to be driven away.

Originally Alba corrosion treated, but I have attempted to treat the mainly cosmetic rust since then - certainly nothing structural.

Obviously these vehicle are not worth a lot, so I am willing to negotiate around the current scrap value, but would prefer to see it continue to have some useful life as a relatively rare east European example - as I have enjoyed driving this over the years. Boot-full of related spares available with the car.

Photos and detailed maintenance history available (and any questions) to anyone interested : please contact peter.andrews200@ntlworld.com . Vehicle based in Reading, Berkshire.

Come on, you know you want one.....

__._,_.___

Someone at work is selling a 53 reg MG ZT 2.5 190bhp in black, all the toys,tidy looking thing with I think 106k on the clock,

He's asking 1800 but open to offers, these seem to make regular appearances in the sub 1500 category, not sure if they appeal to the youth of today though.

Will make an attempt to have a word tomorrow,

Car is in Preston Lancs if that makes any odds, was quite tempted with it myself but thought it might be a bit fond of the unleaded for a tight arsed old git like me!!

He has lobbed it on ebay with a BIN of 2500 but I know he's after a quick sale and would take a lot less

Pretty sure 1800 in readies would buy it, have a look and see what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-MG-ZT-GREY-/ ... 2a0b0cf92b

I know it says grey in the ad but it looks more black to me, oh and the mileage is 110 not 106 sorry

Cheers LC....unfortunately the idiot has gone and bought a car from a "mate".....2001 Astra Coupe, no MOT, No battary, and no idea what to do to fix any faults, though "A Mechanic" said he'd sort it cheap :roll: ohh and he spunked a Grand on it :roll::roll: you can tell he is not my flesh and blood can't you :lol:

ps- Sorry Billy I didn't mean to diss the Astra...........well I did really :lol::lol:

Astra Coop with no test? Hello brake pipes, leaking steering rack, broken springs, corroded discs, sticking rear calipers, probably got headlamp bulb holders lobbed in incorrectly with subsequent poor beam pattern.... etc. Best of luck.

I thought he wanted something nice?

Dave I know, he requested help then phoned the next morning to say don't bother

AR....tell me about it, is it any wonder I despair at him....an Astra Coupe for fuck sake, I was almost too embarresed to tell everyone on here . :roll:

fools and their money.........

Cheers LC....unfortunately the idiot has gone and bought a car from a "mate".....2001 Astra Coupe, no MOT, No battary, and no idea what to do to fix any faults, though "A Mechanic" said he'd sort it cheap :roll: ohh and he spunked a Grand on it :roll::roll: you can tell he is not my flesh and blood can't you :lol:

ps- Sorry Billy I didn't mean to diss the Astra...........well I did really :lol::lol:

Hey no skin off my nose chief! One thing I'd add is that seems quite cheap for a coupe so if (when) it does want eleveny thousand quid spending on it he should get his purchase price back.

Have to say though I'd be extremely wary about buying a modern(ish) car like that with no battery and no MOT, it sounds quite suspcious to be honest.