Jump to content

Old fire engines are cool!


Recommended Posts

Posted

i was gonna ask the question but then saw the sign on the box

  • Agree 2
Posted
2 minutes ago, hairnet said:

i was gonna ask the question but then saw the sign on the box

I don't think I've ever seen it open (unless the museum is elsewhere and this is just storage)

Posted

This is the website but no opening times.

https://firemuseum.uk/

Maybe it is on Farcebook which I cannot read.

The page for the museum in TripAdvisor says it is permanently closed.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Dan302 said:

I don't know what this is but I love it. Maybe Alvis Stalwart based?

Screenshot_20260924-191531.png

 

 It's an Alvis Salamander Mk6 crash tender from 1956.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, colnerov said:

 

 It's an Alvis Salamander Mk6 crash tender from 1956.

That's what I love about this place! 

Posted

Makes me think of an episode of Bangers and Cash which featured a S1 Land Rover fire engine. 

"Bubbles" suggested it would take so long to get to the fire you would have to put some more wood on it to keep it going until the fire brigade got there.

 

Posted
2 hours ago, Dan302 said:

I don't know what this is but I love it. Maybe Alvis Stalwart based?

Screenshot_20260924-191531.png

Straight out of the era of the Avro Vulcan nuclear bomber.

  • Like 3
Posted
10 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Makes me think of an episode of Bangers and Cash which featured a S1 Land Rover fire engine. 

"Bubbles" suggested it would take so long to get to the fire you would have to put some more wood on it to keep it going until the fire brigade got there.

 

There was one behind the garages near me, I think they were only intended for small fires usually at things like chemical plants etc. 

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...