Jump to content

Anyone restoring a Renault 20?


Recommended Posts

Posted

'La Regie' wanted to get a foothold in Eastern Europe.  The wine-producing valleys in Romania's south had repeated bad harvests. 

They licenced manufacture of 12 and Estafette. They sent over CKD kits of the 18 and 20 for use by Birou Politic members (Politburo).

And it worked. Romania built over half a Million cars last year, 5% of all European production. France has dropped to 8%.

  • Like 3
  • 2 months later...
Posted

Well well, look what I've just seen on its way to pastures new.

PAV353X.jpg.114192f4fe87c87632ad6938c437ef62.jpg

Posted

That looks absolute knackered, just from the condition of the two doors (the ones not in the bush, right?) and the frilly rear skirt - Not to mention the deformed wing and dented bootlid.

So the "winner" will have forked out enough on transport to take the total comfortably over a bag of sand, unless they were very local.

Posted
22 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

Traditionally, the first thing to do is buy a set of new tyres.

I'm sure the person will be on here with a Gofundme soon enough. Ahhhh - The thread that keeps on giving.

Where is it by the way? I can never find it when I want a laugh. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Dj_efk said:

So the "winner" will have forked out enough on transport to take the total comfortably over a bag of sand, unless they were very local.

Just to clarify, it was relisted. The original auction didn’t auction

IMG_0226.jpeg.4af5bc156ff9b3f39360723a714edb55.jpeg

IMG_0227.jpeg.d6f61afb19e296a78cfe1c855ba39f34.jpeg

Daft time of day to end that second auction.

Posted

Number plate seems quite fitting, given that the French word for "wreck" is "épave".

Posted

£204 seems much more reasonable!

 

Still looking for that Old Yeller Renner 30 thread....

Posted
38 minutes ago, Dj_efk said:

I'm sure the person will be on here with a Gofundme soon enough. Ahhhh - The thread that keeps on giving.

Where is it by the way? I can never find it when I want a laugh. 

 

 

 

Posted

Snap!

Well sort of, same truck and same buyer who bought the Safrane from me and collected it today.

PXL_20261005_143412159 broad -AI.jpg

Posted
28 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I wonder if it’s going to be restored?

That would be very brave and expensive looking at the state of it. Hopefully it's a source of unobtainium spares for somebody who owns one of the few other R20s so it'll help a better one live again.

Posted
37 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

same buyer

Eire-bound?

Posted
33 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

Eire-bound?

No, just next county.

Posted

Spotted the Oxford plate, I was hoping so

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Snap!

Well sort of, same truck and same buyer who bought the Safrane from me and collected it today.

PXL_20261005_143412159 broad -AI.jpg

I was just about to post your post, having spotted the plate!

Posted
15 hours ago, quicksilver said:

That would be very brave and expensive looking at the state of it. Hopefully it's a source of unobtainium spares for somebody who owns one of the few other R20s so it'll help a better one live again.

I would expect it’s surely the last R20 diesel left. It’s a difficult call, it’s a forgotten car that’s sought out by practically nobody, to restore it would cost tens of thousands. But nevertheless it’s like shooting the last Dodo I suppose. 

Posted
50 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I would expect it’s surely the last R20 diesel left. It’s a difficult call, it’s a forgotten car that’s sought out by practically nobody, to restore it would cost tens of thousands. But nevertheless it’s like shooting the last Dodo I suppose. 

If it were me, I’d be looking at going to south france or somewhere and bringing back a solid rust free body back then using that very dead UK car as a parts donor to build one good car. You could even use the donor car to convert the good shell to right hand drive. 
It’d be a better easier job than trying to restore that rotten crash damaged car.

  • Agree 2
Posted

If it are me, I would move the engine across to a Maxi.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...