Jump to content

Peugeot 107 - "Rocky": The greatest car of all time // Exhausted.


Recommended Posts

Posted
4 hours ago, Wibble said:

Holy shit that’s scary. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

It was, really. I barrelled down the road and the sky was brown. I couldn’t get to my house and every other way to it was blocked. It cleared enough to run through but up until then I was worried I couldn’t get home to the wife and kids.

I can’t stress enough the fire brigade have been wonderful. But they stopped me for a bit and I can hear the conversations. They were stretched and the one of them said the country’s on fire and they’re begging for appliances but there’s none coming. And it shows because the fires in the houses, there’s a block of 20 and 3 will be on fire, all spread out. They couldn’t spare an engine to douse the houses.

The police are fucking useless. We were traffic managing for an hour and the police were nowhere. Then they turn up to do evacuations. Since then they’ve been doing cordons and I’ve asked them what the deal is, none of them know. None of them have any information. I asked one about where our road is blocked off to and from and she’d only tell me where it was blocked at one end. Like a road has just one entry for fuck sake. She had no idea where the other cordon was.

And LBC, Channel 4 and some other ghoul were at the golf club today, because we got a message saying there’s a meeting there for evacuated people to find out what’s happening. We got there and the chairman of the golf club said there is no meeting, none were planned, no one had any idea what meeting was being planned. But strangely enough the media knew there was a meeting and were set up to interview residents.

Funny that. We got approached and a glare was enough to tell them to fuck off.

Posted

That’s pretty shit. Unfortunately, I was always the man that turned up after the worst had happened. If I can be of any help when you do gain access, please do get in touch. I might be able to give some advice before the insurer appointed contractor gets involved. Fingers crossed for you.

Posted

Good luck mate, that's an awful situation to be in.

By co-incidence I was talking about the Stourbridge fires today with a customer and he mentioned that they were on the same road as his Mum's flat.  Looks terrifying.

Posted

Terrifying stuff. Hoping that any damage can be sorted quickly - thankful that your fam is all safe 

Posted

I did think of you @St.Jude when I saw the news, actually I was watching that C4 broadcast from the golf club which is weird because I hardly ever watch that particular programme. 

Anyway the main thing is that house is still standing and family unhurt. 

Has the RAC diagnosed the 107 yet? Hopefully something silly like a battery terminal. Maybe it just get got scared in the inferno. 

Posted

I might be on the TV arguing with a copper this morning. We got an email from the council saying we could go home today, same from the fire service. Except this copper knew everything and refused me access, even though coming the other way - past my own house - were Waitrose vans, neighbours etc.

Finally got home though and opened the windows as everything stinks of smoke. I had a quick look and I can’t see any damage so I think we are OK. I just need to start arguing the toss with the insurance about accommodation costs and whether we can claim that back.

I will get the RAC out later or tomorrow morning to see the car. Or get a mate to help tow it home.

  • Like 5
Posted

Christ, that was a bit too close for comfort, sorry to learn that some houses weren't saved. Wife's cousin is a firefighter in that area, a 30something lass.

Posted
5 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Christ, that was a bit too close for comfort, sorry to learn that some houses weren't saved. Wife's cousin is a firefighter in that area, a 30something lass.

Is it alright if you could find out where we can give them something? I can only find the firefighters charity but nothing direct to West Midlands fire service.

Posted
7 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

Is it alright if you could find out where we can give them something? I can only find the firefighters charity but nothing direct to West Midlands fire service.

I can certainly try, though wouldn't want to bother her at the moment as she'll either be on shift or resting, I reckon.

Posted
Just now, High Jetter said:

I can certainly try, though wouldn't want to bother her at the moment as she'll either be on shift or resting, I reckon.

Yeah no rush at all obviously!

Posted

RAC man came out, put the battery on his jump pack and it’s back working again.

He tested the battery, which is new from Tanya as per the previous page, and it’s flitting between 9v and 12v. He said the battery is goosed. Which maybe explains why it drained the battery so quick with the hazards on.

Think he felt that if I left the car for a few days it wouldn’t start. It’s used every day so I think I can push it until the Skoda is fettled.

Battery is still under warranty. So will deal with that later.

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...