What's your avatar?

FredTransit

Mine's of the APT P passenger train. Everyone loves a heroic, underdeveloped British idea whose worth is later proved by a foreign company with enough money to complete the project and see it into profitable production! See the Italian built FIAT Pendolino as evidence of this.

I have a Hornby model of the APT P that actually tips round bends. One of them (370 002 I think) is at the Railway Age in Crewe. You can see it from the Tesco car park. I used to work really near there on the Gresty Road.

Here's a massive 14 carriage \ 5 car set in action. So about £600's worth at today's prices.

The gas turbine powered APT P was at the NRM in York for ages. The bodywork has been cleaned up and resprayed, and it's now at NRM Shildon. From the looks of the film below, it doesn't look like much mechanical work has been done, and it's doubtful whether it will run under its own power again. Would you trust a pair of Leyland gas turbines to run reliably after 38 years? Extra shite points I feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz2RcJjbmE0

Mine is of Earl Hickey from 'My name is Earl' for a few reasons:1) I love the show2) I'm a fan of Jason Lee (even to the point of sharing the same birthday :lol: ).3) I look like this on most days of the week :oops: .4) I'm almost as simple as his Earl character.5) I'd love to own either a Subaru Brat (a la Joy) or an El Camino with one odd-coloured door :roll: .

Mine is Salad Fingers :)

If any of you were wondering what gave Milford Cubicle his username, watch Episode 3: Nettles ;)
I'm sure I've also seen 'Hubert Cumberdale' on the list of current users here from time to time.I once sent a link to Salad Fingers to a friend's work email account but his employer (or their ISP or whatever) had blocked the site due to its 'disturbing' content.

The gas turbine powered APT P was at the NRM in York for ages. The bodywork has been cleaned up and resprayed, and it's now at NRM Shildon. From the looks of the film below, it doesn't look like much mechanical work has been done, and it's doubtful whether it will run under its own power again. Would you trust a pair of Leyland gas turbines to run reliably after 38 years? Extra shite points I feel.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz2RcJjbmE0

I thought the gas turbine one was an APT-E, for experimental? Nevertheless, yet another example of british engineers being 10-15 years ahead of the game, but politicking buggering it up again.

Mine's a detail of the nicely worn Isuzu logo on a sticker on the Flo's rear window.

I'm glad to hear that - the only thing I'd managed to see it as so far was a close-up of a maggot's spiracles.

Babyface Finlayson. Hero and mentor throughout the 80's

I think Leo Baxendale was the artist for this - he did Sweeny Toddler who was always my favourite. He also produced the Willy The Kid annuals which were just superb.My avatar is my Renault 30 (yawn), but when I first signed up I gave some forum members nightmares with the cover from Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica.

Mine is of Earl Hickey from 'My name is Earl' for a few reasons:1) I love the show2) I'm a fan of Jason Lee (even to the point of sharing the same birthday :lol: ).3) I look like this on most days of the week :oops: .4) I'm almost as simple as his Earl character.5) I'd love to own either a Subaru Brat (a la Joy) or an El Camino with one odd-coloured door :roll: .

... but he's a Scientologist (in real life). :(

... but he's a Scientologist (in real life). :(

That is the only thing I have against him I think. Him and Isaac Hayes, John Travolta, Will Smith, Tom Cruise.... don't people do 'real' religion these days..? :? Oh, I forgot:6) I'd love to persuade Catalina that lesbianism ISN'T the way forward.. :wink: