BFG resistance is futile - Cookie's adventures in shiteing

Cookiesouwest

At approx 2pm today, I am off to inspect and hopefully buy a car that has been on my wishlist for many years.

I am travelling on the basis of one quite bad picture on the sellers gumtree add and a couple of phone calls.

Seller has informed me that car has some rust spots on bonnet, giffer mark (possibly bad) on rear bumper and car makes a funny noise when pulling away, but idles smoothly and quietly. Needs a service in a few weeks, but has a box file of service history.

No idea if box file has one receipt in it or hundreds. Car is 20 yrs old with 164k on clock, so I am hoping it has many many receipts and invoices.

First owner had car from new. Present owner has had it 6 weeks.

Had a new waterpump about 6 weeks ago.

Asking price is 600 squids. I do know it's been advertised for a month and he started at 895. Says there is a little wiggle room in current price.

Breakfast - not had any yet

Poo count - 0

• Like 3

On 4/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, Cookiesouwest said:

Sadly no train station near me or seller.

What do you mean?  Midsomer Norton has a station; you can get as far as, um....., the cutting before Chilcompton 'tunnel'.  Some weekends.  But not all.

1 minute ago, BeEP said:

What do you mean?  Midsomer Norton has a station; you can get as far as, um....., the cutting before Chilcompton 'tunnel'.  Some weekends.  But not all.

Lol that would work if the S&D were running and the car was located halfway to Chilcompton

5 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Any clues, good luck.

Don't want you all guessing correctly, this early. I wont get there till about 4pm.

Its European. Its manual. It runs on Pez.

2 hours ago, andyberg said:

Good luck with the collection, fingers crossed. I'm just planning mine for the Alfa!

You in Bath? If you need a lift, let me know

The Haynes manual has just turned up in post. Probably means I have to buy the car now. Cant have a manual without the motor to go with it. Really hoping car is not a dog.

20200422_112343.thumb.jpg.14ade90e08771b17ffc71bdbccee3352.jpg

Insurance quote from Lancaster, via meerkat.

153.95 per annum, fully comp, SDPC, 3000 miles a year, zero no claims.

Quite happy with that.