Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Eyersey1234

Both of them are near the Blue Bell Inn at Crookham in Northumberland if anyone is interested. It's an old coaching Inn, does really good food, I can certainly recommend. Neither of the cars appears to have moved for a long time which was why I am surprised they are both taxed.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Henry has been MOT'd for another year, good to see he is still around. 

Eccles's MOT will take place at the end of next month and he will need a service then too.

Screenshot_20220622-231806_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Intermittently over the last few weeks the sat nav has started playing up, it comes up with insert SD card message. Anyone any ideas as to what is causing it?

Had a ride down to the Staffordshire Regiment Museum near Lichfield today, over 200 miles covered. Really interesting museum, can certainly recommend. 11000 miles since purchase covered.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from collecting Eccles from his service, turns out the pollen filter was choked solid and mouldy so clearly not been changed for a long time

A thought has just occurred to me, I wonder if blocked pollen filters causing the heater motor to burn out was what caused the fires on Vauxhall Zafira Bs

11 hours ago, High Jetter said:

I thought that was brakes?

I'm sure I read somewhere that one aspect of the fires was something to do with the heating system 

It's the heater resistor and associated wiring that causes the Zafira fires. 

Cabin filters are an excellent indication of the level and quality of servicing a car has seen. 

They are a bloody pain on a lot of Fords but they can't be ignored forever.

Doesn't cause too many issues to leave the filter neglected but you'll have inefficient heating/cooling in the HVAC system and unpleasant smells 

They rarely take more than 15 minutes to change on any car (bar a few exceptions) - no excuse for them to get left out :)

10 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Cabin filters are an excellent indication of the level and quality of servicing a car has seen. 

Doesn't cause too many issues to leave the filter neglected but you'll have inefficient heating/cooling in the HVAC system and unpleasant smells 

They rarely take more than 15 minutes to change on any car (bar a few exceptions) - no excuse for them to get left out :)

Clearly Eccles hasn't has very good quality servicing before I got him

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

The garage told me it can cause the heater motor to burn out if left, that's why I wondered if thar was a cause of Zafira fires

• 3 weeks later...

Eccles booked in for 2 new tyres on Saturday, I'm getting Firestones on him as the cheaper tyres they had were all cheaper Chinese brands I had never heard of before. I also managed to catch a bit of trim yesterday and broke it off so I have to find a way of sticking it back on.

Currently on my way back from Landguard Fort at Felixstowe, Eccles will have done over 400 miles today when we get back. He clicked over 107k on the way down.

• 3 weeks later...