Trending on twitter

timolloyd

Funnily enough, one of the bus drivers at my yard has one, the owner of the bus company was telling me of a 2 seater Renault with a fiberglass body that was for sale, I was thinking what on earth could it be, he gave me the guys address so I drove by to check it out. Of course it was a yellow Reliant. I wonder what the price of it will be...

Reminds me of our local shopkeeper when I was at school.   It was a VG or Star Value or something - one of those village stores that sold lightbulbs, tampons (apparently) and over-priced Not-heinz baked beans.   Old giffer looked just like Arkwright but he must have had a secret double life because drove a Daytona Yellow Scimitar GT.   None of yer Royal dog vans, a proper gentleman's sporting coupe.   I always remember it because whoever sprayed it for him (probably the garage next door) never properly top-coated the front valence and the original grey showed through.   He often used to go out late at night in a DJ and dickie bow, presumably after fixing the till and getting all the galvy buckets back indoors.