felicity - almost a year on (collection day, so it was) mot today 13/5/17

Faker

Lovely day for a train and bus journey!

Although some nitwit on the bus has a bag of weed on them! The stink is giving me a head ache.....

• Like 2

I love Norn Iron

2 years working in Craigavon and couldn't agree more.

But ssssh. Whilst the tourists still go to Dublin, the north is like the best kept secret.

Looking forward to seeing the car and the rest of the thread.

• Like 2

She's a stunner. Good job.

Pics can lie. Needs a little tickle here and there. Full mot and the only fault is the keys spin in the door locks and nothing happens. That's it!! Works a treat!

2 years working in Craigavon and couldn't agree more.

But ssssh. Whilst the tourists still go to Dublin, the north is like the best kept secret.

Looking forward to seeing the car and the rest of the thread.

When I first went to Stroke City I couldn't believe how picturesque it was - typically as an ignorant English kid growing up in the 70's, all I'd seen of the city was view from the walls down into the Bogside - TV news never showed us the fabulous walls, the Guildhall, the Craigavon Bridge - I could go on (and do given half a chance).  I was gutted when I heard Austin's had closed.  And as for the coast just 30 minutes away - in Antrim and over the Border - stunning, but yes shhhhhhhhhh.

Hope the motor is decent too.

• Like 2

Locks have always been a bit of a weak spot. Basic 1.3 pushrod with chain. Keep an eye out for water leaks, and the plastic stat housings are crap and prone to fail, expansion tanks can leak at the seam too. Heater should be blast furnace hot too. 

You're a brave man, going on the Stroke City bus. The one and only time I did that trip by bus, there was some eejit with an accordion sitting at the back. Still, all his extra fingers meant he was pretty good.

Having been scared half to death in a full works Felicia kit car, I can confirm they don't arf shift, sideways at 90 mph

• Like 2

Locks have always been a bit of a weak spot. Basic 1.3 pushrod with chain. Keep an eye out for water leaks, and the plastic stat housings are crap and prone to fail, expansion tanks can leak at the seam too. Heater should be blast furnace hot too.

All good. 70 mile trip home at 60 - 70 mph!

• Like 2

Looks very Golfie, is it Golf based?

I know nothing of these cars apart from my brothers ex had one with a/c which she would never allow him to put on!

Was behind a Supervb today as well though I could'nt tell what it was until I read the tailgate.

Those steelies are nice 

Its got very little VW content barring a few bits nailed on to the old Skoda OHV engine, plus a bit of VW switchgear. It's basically a reskinned Favorit, even the lower dashboard moulding is identical to the Favorit

• 2 weeks later...