99p Shop bargains

wuvvum

Found these in the local 99p shop today:

Posted Image

They're 1/43rd scale, and they're actually not bad at all. The door mirrors on the 12 are rather oversized, but other than that they're just as good as some of the models I've paid ten times as much for. These were the only three old cars they had - they had plenty of G-Wagens, Imprezas and Land Rover Defenders in the same scale, but they wre of less interest to me. For 99p a shot I think those Renners are pretty good.

I think it must be unless Mr Welfare has been reading his tea leaves!?Wuvvum, these could have gone on the 'shite in miniature' thread. I've got the R12 in white & also as a taxi . The R8 I've got a couple of Solido versions (8 & 8S) and have also got it in that same range as a taxi from the Taxis of the World series by IXO. That Dauphine is nice, not sure I've seen that one....slightly too old for my taste but I do have a Dauphine Gordini by 'Eagle's Race'.

Those look soup herb!What great value - I'll try and find the 12 for my boy - he was so upset when I gave away my (real) one that I had to get him a £14.99 jobby from Renault themselves. Lasted all of two weeks in his hands! :( If I was being a stickler I'd say the Dauphine headlamps are too big - but for 99p they're all the bizz!

Those look soup herb!What great value - I'll try and find the 12 for my boy - he was so upset when I gave away my (real) one that I had to get him a £14.99 jobby from Renault themselves. Lasted all of two weeks in his hands! :(

LOLz. I bought my lad a rep of my BMW, from the BMW tat-mongers at Goodwood a coule of years back, cost me the best part of THIRTY QUID. Now has no wheels or trim left. ARGH.

That's about right KG.Regie - just wait 'til you've got a kid, and that kid is 'in tune' with your type of car, and they want one for themselves. And the only one you can find is a 'collectors' model. Yes I was sad the model got broken but I'm glad my boy knows his Renault 12 from a 14. Even if he has managed to mangle a couple of 'collectors items' along the way!

Hey why should it bother me, it's their money! :D

It's just speaking as a big time collector of diecast models, some of them very costly I can't bear harm coming to mine & the thought of any of these models being wrecked makes me wince! I guess it depends how mature you think your child is. I always held mine with kid gloves....literally! :lol: If we were talking about super rare limited editions or models that had otherwise sold out, I would imagine some people that had missed out would feel a little aggrieved that someone else may have bought one for their child to....err.....dismantle! :shock:

Not only that & perhaps more to the point is that alot of these models are aimed at adults for a reason & not just because they're precision made. We're talking about small, sometimes very fine, delicate, or even possibly loose parts which a child could easily swallow or injure themselves on, & as the parent you'd be responsible for that. I don't think the manufacturers should be sued for their products getting into the wrong hands.

Aye, suings not on the agenda here. Most of the time my eldest comes with me to shows and what-not so gets to 'pick his own' in the various model-tat-tents... Last was a rather super VW Camper, at £12 not a massive cross to bear, and has withstood 'play' very well too.