Unusual spot...

wuvvum

I've seen this beast a couple of times before, but hitherto it's always been going in the opposite direction. Earlier today, however, I found myself three cars behind it travelling in the same direction, and a couple of nifty overtaking moves later I was right behind it. I got the phone out and began snapping away, but I've binned those pics 'cos a) they were crap and B) it transpired that the wondrous creation was going to exactly the same place I was - Wilcos, the local discount motor factors. I wanted some Peugeot Graphite Grey spray paint (alomost exactly the right colour for the 300ZX, and a heck of a lot cheaper than having the correct Nissan colour mixed up) and he wanted some transmission fluid. Obviously while I was in the car park I took the opportunity to get the phone out again and attempt some half decent pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's all fibreglass (probably made by one of the many boat-building outfits in Wroxham) and from what I could see had a space frame, with a Chevy V8 and autobox mid-mounted and driving what looked like a live rear axle. The cabin was all wood'n'leather and looked quite well finished considering - unfortunately due to reflections on the Perspex windows my pic of the interior didn't come out, but here's one of the engine bay - not great but you can just about make out the V8, the gearbox is visible 'cos it's bright red and the extraordinary exhaust is visible 'cos it's so fugging huge.

Posted Image

I find it refreshing that in this day and age someone would go to the trouble of building (ostensibly from scratch) something that insane. :D

Jeep Cherokee's come with a 4.7 V8. Personally, I think it's brilliant that someone has not only made it but that it gets used on the road. It could be improved on looks0wise but still looks a damned sight better than many of the kit cars out there!

UK One Star Vehicle ReportVehicle DescriptionRegistration AU03HZTMake SABBERTON OMENModel Description Engine Capacity(cc) 4700Year Manufactured 2003CO2 Emissions (g/Km)* Not AvailableVRT Rate % ** Not Available

A Sabberton Omen? :shock:http://www.corvetteuk.com/cgi-bin/corve ... 1056492246

Alan Sabberton, owner of Sabena Marine in nearby Wroxham has built this car, brought it to us today to look at, and has Wowed us all!!So if you fancy hiring a boat on the Norfolk broads, and seeing the most outrageous automobile around, Alan's your man!!

Thats quality because it actually looks like wot it ought 'a rather than being some half arsed attempt using a Nova or something. Wonder if has kit car (eg Ulitma?) underpinnings?

Funny you should say that. If you run the number plate check on the Auto Trader website, it says the reg belongs to a Corsa...

Actually I take that back, it reminds me more of the cars in (thoroughly enjoyable) early 1990s game Syndicate:

Posted Image

What would be ace is if a bloke got dressed up in full Syndicate cyborg agent gear with the trenchcoat etc. then drove that around a bleak post-apocalyptic cyberpunk type place, e.g. Barnsley or Heckmondwike, gunning people down with an uzi. Love to see Calendar news reporting back on that one.

Ooooh you've made me all nostaligic about Wroxham! I went to UEA but hung around a while after, we used to jump in my housemate's Nova Saloon and blast out to Wroxham McDonalds to abuse their free drink refills and loiter (since there was a sign specifically saying "No loitering, fine £50").

The car, well it's great. Truely horrible and I really wouldn't want to drive it but the guy's a legend and should be saluted (or given a job with some mainstream car manufacturer in the design department).

One thing though....

Posted Image

Salavdor Dali

Posted Image

Sabberton Dali