Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Rain Stops play for the Carlton Estate.

Six-cylinder

I caught two guys breaking into my car today, lucky they did as it had its engine running in a public car park and I was locked out.

I was cleaning the connections with the engine running on n-s rear indicator that had stopped working, I had managed to make them work again so closed the boot and the car locked itself! I am now in a public car park 30 miles from home, it is raining and locked out of my BMW E30.

I was on a BMW Club trip as part of the 100 years of BMW, we were due to meet at a garage at Little Compton 5 mile further on and one of the other members of our group went on to the garage and bought back the owner of the garage with his car breaking in kit! Thanks for all your help Dom.

The good news is I drove my car for an hour and then it idled for 45 mins, I could see though the window the temp gauge was rock ready at normal and it drove away vice free so I made it to the gathering.

post-4787-0-99866200-1463848610_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-44084400-1463848627_thumb.jpg

Aaah, is that the BMW CC thing where you're driving from dealer to dealer? That looks like Sam Lever's fjord blue CSL there, very nice it is too. I once went to Sam's house in a 1966 Morris 1100 to collect some wheels.  :mrgreen:

Aww... you're such a kidder!

Seriously, nice E30. Is that the one that got pranged a couple of years ago?

Yes my son managed to damage this car and smash the engine, I did not want to kill the car and a friend from the BMW Club has helped me out big time getting it back on the road.

Sitting around has not been kind to it and I now have some rust spots in the roof and one of the rear wheel arches needs replacing. Today was my first outing in it since it went back on the road and apart from the self locking, which may be the Toad alarm that is fitted it is very enjoyable.

By the way I have banished my son to Canada so he can't do any more damage to my cars!

This is my old one, now in Oz. Sold not long before they rocketed in value.  :roll:

There was a very similar one for sale here in NZ last year

New project today we need to get the grass cut for the Shitefest camping, in the past we have got various people to do grass cutting for us but it is a bit hit and miss. I have been looking for a rough cut ride on mower so we can cut the grass ourselves and being a shiter, old and cheap were high priories.

Everything was too much money, then we spotted a Hayter Condor that was no good because it is cylinder mower rather than a rough cut, but we liked it so bought it anyway. Seems to work ok on the first test run so we will go back later and hope the grass has dried out and do a full first cut.

For those who have not fallen asleep at the talk of lawn mowers, it has a 8hp Kohler engine 5 speed and reverse gearbox and a disc brake!

post-4787-0-57414500-1463925830_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-69622200-1463925851_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-33461400-1463925872_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-92540200-1463925894_thumb.jpg

Well all was going well and I got to almost half way though cutting the shitefest camping paddock when the cutting cylinder support bearing failed and the cylinder locked up. Joy of Joy

post-4787-0-68442500-1463951956_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well all was going well and I got to almost half way though cutting the shitefest camping paddock when the cylinder support bearing failed and the cylinder locked up. Joy of Joy

did the neighbours hear ya shouting 'straight ya fecker straight' lmfao

Maybe I have had my three now, when I got home I went to get out the 200TE ready for tomorrow and it had a flat battery after only a week, so I decided to use the Volvo 740 and that blew a headlight bulb.

• 2 weeks later...

Another busy day moving cars about, the highlight was getting our Maserati Biturbo 425 saloon back now legal and running well. It had to have new rear brake discs with reconditioned callipers for the MOT.

post-4787-0-49077500-1464899072_thumb.jpg

That mower is brilliant.  I've never before seen one like it.

I expect cutting that field with it is going to be a 'painting the Forth Bridge'  job though isn't it?

That mower is brilliant.  I've never before seen one like it.

I expect cutting that field with it is going to be a 'painting the Forth Bridge'  job though isn't it?

The main part of the field is sold as hay, the last couple of years sanding so we do nothing. It is just the orchard and paddock that need cutting.

The DS came back with a new MOT yesterday and a clean pass. I have done 3000 miles in the last year and it runs really well.

This weekend is the Citroen Car Club DS rally near Milton Keynes, I will be there and all Citroens are welcome.

post-4787-0-97431300-1465278693_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I have been off buying another duff mower today, looks like it has a gearbox problem.

Recently I have been using the 156 V6 Sportwagon as my tow car and it functions really well.

post-4787-0-77103900-1465322674_thumb.jpg

Yes I have it, I was going to wait until after work before showing it off, but as you asked so nicely here it is! I had it delivered as part of the deal with a new MOT. I have just show unnatural enthusiasm for doing a tip run, as it was the only excuse I could think of to drive it at lunchtime.

post-4787-0-76718400-1465389932_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-99605200-1465389947_thumb.jpg