Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Rain Stops play for the Carlton Estate.

Six-cylinder

Two Moonstone Green Rover 75 Estates were used by Cliff Richard's 'Kids on Court' campaign. Added topical kudos right there.

text2595_center.jpg

Did ARG develop the fiddletronic 'box for that?

Why do I need a Rover 75?

It was wet today so I did not use the MX5, should I have used the Xantia V6, Merc 200TE, Alfa 156 Wagon or Volvo 740 estate, all were legal and ready to go!

Mine was a Club SE all be it the diseasel flavour. One of the most comfortable cars I've owned. I do regret getting rid of it. Go for it!

^ +1 on the comfort factor. Mines a bit bashed about a bit but it's so relaxing to get about in, and although the overtly retro interior isn't liked by all I love it. What's the verdict from mrs cyl?

Mrs Cyl is only just home and has not looked yet.

I had this Plus 190 manual 3 years ago and she worried it would implode at any moment.

post-4787-0-70672100-1462914779_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

So it’s Friday, where have we got too:

The oil has arrived for JCB and I have charged the battery so no more excuses – get it started.

I have lost the retaining clip for the Visa boot lock push button. I need a 30mm external circlip. I want to take it to the Midlands Meet tomorrow.

My 1985 Range Rover has been taken to a garage for an estimate to MOT it. The last garage wanted to restore it but I can’t afford that.

2CV not back from MOT.

GS is slowly being fitted up after paint work.

MX5, Volvo 740 and Alfa 156 waiting to go to a local garage to regas their aircon, but I can’t find anybody to help me today.

I have been twice to collect my spare MG Metro wheel from the tyre centre this week and they have been closed.

Still waiting for a new MG Metro drivers front wing now due Monday.

Today the Rover 75 is due to be moved by my friend to the garage who are going to MOT next week. Scary – I have said I will have it, but now it’s MOT time and I have not even driven it yet.

• Like 2

Smiths of Bloxham have )or had) a metallic black 2.0 V6 MG ZT-T outside looking for a new owner. I told them you'd probably* have it.

The big news for the day is my Ian friend has bought back my E30 BMW after changing the engine for me. Not only did he change the engine twice because the first second-hand engine I bought was duff, he has also got it though the MOT. He has tested it for 900 miles and thinks this engine is great, it uses no water or oil and is powerful. Thanks Ian.

post-4787-0-95068400-1463332825_thumb.jpg

I drove my 2CV home today with a fresh MOT after just a week away. I don't know what the hold up is with DW car!

Mind did need a bit of fettling for the MOT, seized rear brake cylinder, sticky front calliper, rewire the rear fog light so it worked and indicator switch cleaned and a weaker spring fitted so it no longer feels like you are going to snap the stalk off.

post-4787-0-08762600-1463499867_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Note that weaker Spring fitted to the 2cv indicator is effected with the use of tin snips and cutting one single loop off the spring. If only all cars were as easy to work on!

• Like 1

Q. What has 1 cylinder and 2 wheels?

A. Six Cylinders new moped

I have collected this Peugeot 103 this evening in a clandestine meeting with castors-bro, it was handed to me from the boot of a car in neutral town where it was covered in a sheet and I slipped it into my van before anybody could call the authorities. The French aren't getting it back!

post-4787-0-43474800-1463517046_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-12693300-1463517062_thumb.jpg

Note that weaker Spring fitted to the 2cv indicator is effected with the use of tin snips and cutting one single loop off the spring. If only all cars were as easy to work on!

I am told a ball point pen gave up its life for my car!

This thread has officially become my favourite. Where else can you read about Merc s class coupes and

Mopeds? A brilliant and eclectic collection Mr cyl!

That 103's an interesting one.  Early-shape headlight but late-spec rear light.

If I get a chance to get the Mobylette back up and running before Shitefest I'll bring it along and we can have races round the field.

That 103's an interesting one.  Early-shape headlight but late-spec rear light.

If I get a chance to get the Mobylette back up and running before Shitefest I'll bring it along and we can have races round the field.

I don't think I will have time to get mine ready for shitefest 2016, but I would love to see yours.

We have had the “free Autoshite†200TE now for 2 years and 4 days and what a great car it is. We have done 20,302 miles, when we first got it we had to fix a few bits like the rear wiper spindle had seized and we had a starting problem that turned out to be a rely. It has been a very reliable car.

The photo is taken tonight in its unwashed state but it is ready to drive anywhere.

The plan is to hog it all to ourselves for the foreseeable future!

post-4787-0-46722800-1463685351_thumb.jpg