Camper shite

Jim Bell

Was at a local beer/food festival and came across this lovely old dorma bunglow.

o15e7HP.png

No idea what it is, but I know its awesome.

Feed me more camper shite!

I was given this Hanomag. It was too rotten for my liking and I lacked the enthusiasm to do a proper restoration.

It would have made a nice change from a Bay/Splitty and been about as shit to drive as either of those. I hate the idea of caravan/camper holidays though so never did anything with it.

I offered it up for free on the blue forum but logistics of getting it back to UK were too much to overcome. I offered it up for free locally but despite an honest ad describing it as having been laid up outside for years and in need of full restoration, still attracted the usual knuckle draggers who expected it to be like a 2008 Vito.

post-17837-0-33882000-1402855191_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-43666600-1402855201_thumb.jpg

4001942646_127ea46728_b.jpg

DSC_6789 by RichardB5, on Flickr

4001182975_d798e204ab_b.jpg

DSC_6791 by RichardB5, on Flickr

The body is completely home made on this. The owner even stepped the chassis so he could lower a bit of the floor and stand up straight. The tea set on the front wing is bolted down. 3500cc Mazda Perkins engine IIRC.

4001164843_1c3574a6de_b.jpg

DSC_6768 by RichardB5, on Flickr

I think this was destined to be a camper too. It has a Cummins 6B engine from a Leyland Road Runner or something. I helped* to install the engine, we had it hanging on the hoist to work out the best position- then the hoist toppled over so we just installed the engine where it landed up.

I have posted this before long time ago, but here is my camper. The inside heavily influenced by autoshite colour scheme.

002.jpg

And the outside.

001.jpg

That sir, is outstanding.

51IWmaiWrnL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

I published this book - buy it - it's full of alternative motorhome shite!

• Like 3

I was given this Hanomag. It was too rotten for my liking and I lacked the enthusiasm to do a proper restoration.

It would have made a nice change from a Bay/Splitty and been about as shit to drive as either of those. I hate the idea of caravan/camper holidays though so never did anything with it.

I offered it up for free on the blue forum but logistics of getting it back to UK were too much to overcome. I offered it up for free locally but despite an honest ad describing it as having been laid up outside for years and in need of full restoration, still attracted the usual knuckle draggers who expected it to be like a 2008 Vito.

Wow, superb. Would have also loved one of their WW2 era half tracks.

• Like 1

It was too rotten for my liking and I lacked the enthusiasm to do a proper restoration knuckle draggers expected it to be like a 2008 Vito.

It was probably exactly like a 2008 Vito.

• Like 4

That Wagon R is the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

If I was even considering something this desperate I think I'd rather work out how many hookers how much whiskey and how many sleeping pills the same money would buy and go out in a blaze(whimper?) of glory.