220ish* BrokeHorsePower collection - The Result!

Jim Bell

Just pop to Halfords. The 'missing' 20bhp is easily put back. Turn left at 'batteries' and into 'floormats and stick-on shite'

Easy.

I think youll find it already has an induction kit AND a dump valve, so in reality its probably putting out nearer 500bhp, but I don't want to make this a thread about who has the most power.

Evb9qhl.jpg

What will it be this time? A wasps nest in the boot, seagull eggs in the fuel injections system or a police marker for it being involved in smuggling illegal cheese in from Belgium?

The smart money is on the clutch giving up completely when I'm trying to climb the steep gradient out of the Tyne Tunnel at rush hour.

I think youll find it already has an induction kit AND a dump valve, so in reality its probably putting out nearer 500bhp, but I don't want to make this a thread about who has the most power.

Evb9qhl.jpg

Ignore the nay sayers and doubting Thomas's.

You have a crinkly brown air filter*.

Well bought sir!

:-)

Talking of Volvos reminds me of more bad news today, my farther in law has a 1990 Volvo 740 GLE Auto which was formaly my wife's but it will not start and he suspects the lift pump. Unfortunately I live 200 miles away and he is 80+ so I am not sure what will happen to it.

Talking of Volvos reminds me of more bad news today, my farther in law has a 1990 Volvo 740 GLE Auto which was formaly my wife's but it will not start and he suspects the lift pump. Unfortunately I live 200 miles away and he is 80+ so I am not sure what will happen to it.

You could always buy it off him, do a road trip, fail to get it started and post up a new thread.........

Hardly helpful of course. Sorry.

Very few people understand BHP, torque, work done and energy transfer anyways. Just look at all those kids on Youtube crashing their cars trying to show off.

I am almost 53, and don't understand much of it..... However no crashes on Youtube.

I am content to waft about in my 1990 Honda Auto at sensible speeds just loving the tranquility!

You could always buy it off him, do a road trip, fail to get it started and post up a new thread.........

Hardly helpful of course. Sorry.

Shame I did not know when we were at Autofest Wales as we were only 40 miles away, 20 plus of us could have turned up at his house to fix his car!

Original post resurrected due to peer pressure.

Who had Volvo? You win 18 pts.

Anyone got a T5 clutch kit they dont need? Ebay and factors are quoting some horrible numbers.

...ang on ang on ang on I didn't only guess Volvo I guessed a T5, only 18 points? Pah!

EssDeeWon

• photo-thumb-16826.jpg?_r=1393528139
  • 796 posts
  • Locationessex

Posted Today, 02:42 PM

245bhp and already has a tow bar, I am thinking a Volvo T5?

*Deleted as to not to offend any other AS members*

*Re-instated due to popular* demand*

It was a cold, wet spring evening in mid two thousand and fourteen.  The rain outside beat onto the glass in a soothing rolling rhythm. I opened a bottle of continental lager and fired up the laptop. The cooling fan spun, the rain continued the roll down the glass and my mind slipped back to the summer of 84.  And the Gypsy.

The Gypsy had told me, when I was eight years old, never to mix ebay and booze, ever.  She looked me dead in the eye, and said the sentence slowly, twice.  Her eyes went big as she said the last word.  She looked very much like she had been practicing in front the mirror.

I'd never heard of ebay, and was more into pulling skids and yoyo tricks anyway so brushed off the warning without much consideration.  I certainly never planned to drink any horrible lager.  No way.  I'm a dandelion and burdock man, and always will be. I put it to the back of my mind and went back to dancing like a robot.

The fan stopped spinning, a familiar website popped up with a gentle "boop" and a took a sip of my fourth bottle.

ccf8hqO.png

So many lovely things...................

Hang on. Ive always wanted one of those...................

zIhrWZv.png

OH

CzJv9mc.png

MY

fMMS6l5.png

EFFING

UYaihvQ.png

GOD!

bzDPYVS.png

BOOP! YOU ARE WINNER.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201094061848?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Hooray!

I own a Volvo flavoured Scottish Turbo car with many redeeming features:

New battery and altenator! (intermittent electrical fault expected then)

New Exhaust!

Towbar!

Cloth!

Many pedals!

Minor triffles:

No glove box lid.

It lacks the amount of clutch required to enable rapid forward motion.

Insurance cost.

Managed to sort one of the three above already.

Tomorrow morning, I shall be collecting Overrun, a packet full of hope and we will be carrying it south with the intention of attempting to limp it home 150 million miles.

Do toot if you see us on the A19.

Updates to follow tomorrow.

DnYYboA.png?2

9oukEW1.png

4L3cvEB.jpg

t4offTg.jpg

shxR2iU.jpg

"They never listen"

With such scribbling there's no wonder car magazine subs are dropping. Is this Colin Goodwin's half-cousin?

200 miles north of you is where...

IF YOU CAN FIND US, MAYBE YOU CAN HIRE - THE V-TEAM!

(Seriously though, location and pitchers if it's binward)