"Scene" twats.

barefoot

Can't find any OMGRATLUKVW, have this instead. ;)

Fuck knows what it is and fuck knows what he's done to it.....

crazy-camber-angle-the-latest-fashion-46

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need, roads."

• Like 2

I may not like your modifications, but I'll defend to the death your right to do them. Unless they're insanely fucking dangerous in which case you're on your own, sunshine.

Education moment:  That particular style of ridiculous camber is known as Oni which is foreignese (I don't know which language, probably Japanese) for Demon.

Bosozoku should ruffle a few feathers here, but then it's supposed to.  Utterly, ridiculously, obnoxiously stupid looking cars that are too low, have absurd exhausts, bodykits bolted on that aren't so much designed as happen and paint schemes that are schizophrenic.  I love Bosozoku stuff, for precisely the reasons people who don't can't stand it.

bosozoku-exhaust-of-the-week-two-hands.j

Ease in those with high blood pressure and the generally miserable with a small Shakotan sample before ramming full-on Bosozuku down their easily upset throats, IMO. :)

OMFGGG Genuine Tokyo subway ring - as seen by the strap.

I find myself reading less and less on the JDM scene, lately. It's a shame, but the VW crowd are latching on to it a bit too much of my liking, these days.

Before you know it they'll be fitting those stupid plastic wing mirrors to their Goofs and Pisshats.  You'd never catch an Autoshiter doing something like that.

Before you know it they'll be fitting those stupid plastic wing mirrors to their Goofs and Pisshats.  You'd never catch an Autoshiter doing something like that.

Yeah, look at this complete bellend

IMAG2029.jpg

oh, wait a sec..........

• Like 3

I recon the well executed VW stuff looks pretty good. There's a lot of money and detail go into them but what tends to happen is the top scene look cars get diluted down the tree so what started as a well executed highly polished execution gets reduced down to some shit ebay coilovers and some satin black paint.

I particularly like how sticker bombing's been used to cover shit paint or rust sills.

vw_golf_mk2_by_xxjohnnnyxx-d2zfibw.jpg

Personally speaking, I was not having a pop at modified motors, done some crap things in my time but thats gonna happen when you're as old as I don't act....My beef and I am assuming that of the OP is with the sheep-like nature of the VW following.   Things like radio flyer  wagons, beat up coke fridges, the sun-bleached Cal look together with the slam and big wheels are all something that have been going on for decades in the American west coast.   What gets my gander is that just because somebody's shit Polo has got the same badge as a Samba Microbus then all the air-cooled  trappings get transferred  to vehicles that are TOTALLY at  odds with the  original VW  concept.   I find that just dumb and a complete misunderstanding of  the brand, something that VW as an organisation are equally guilty of....

• Like 3

They were trying to flog those bicycle Turbospoke things over 10 years ago when I worked in a bike shop, since then I have never seen a single one on a bike!

You're right, that was a bit mean of me.  Maybe this lovely old brown Japanese car will soothe a few troubled brows.

IMG_2479-620x413.jpg

Would be a lovely old car if someone fixed the broken suspension and made it roadworthy again.  ;)

There's one of these Bosozuku vans in someone's driveway round here. It's on such a slope I doubt he can get it out of there without help.

There's a lot of money and detail go into them but what tends to happen is the top scene look cars get diluted down the tree so what started as a well executed highly polished execution gets reduced down to some shit ebay coilovers and some satin black paint.

like the fashun industry I s'pose -  Top designers like Lewis Viton, Coca Canal & Kevin Clime etc, no sooner have they had some clothes horse parade their designs up n down the catwalk, quick as you like, primark, newlook & greaty market are knocking out cheap shit versions 

My reliant robin had a few stickers on it and a roofrack for a brief period. Got a few comments,one stuck in myind was 'you cant do that,its not a Volkswagen' by some tosser in Asda carpark. I did have revolution alloys on too. Made me smile,I love taking the piss.

• Like 2

I just don't get those cars where the wheels are practically touching the arches. I assume - and please correct me if I'm wrong - that this means they they have zero suspension travel? If so, can't VOSA or someone kick them straight over the bridge where they belong since they will be lethal in the wrong hands, i.e. precisely the sort of scene dickhead that's invariably driving them?

• Like 3

I particularly like how sticker bombing's been used to cover shit paint or rust sills.

vw_golf_mk2_by_xxjohnnnyxx-d2zfibw.jpg

Lol, that's such an obvious attempt to hide the owner's complete lack of rusty arch repair skillz

Things like radio flyer  wagons, 

Work takes me to a lot of VW shows and I see a huge number of these and I really don't understand them. They are basically a big tin tray with wheels and yet are the thick end of £200 a pop. And yet having observed a place selling them, the punters were absolutely lapping them up. There was even a place hiring them out at one show which was charging £30 A DAY. You could hire an actual car for that. The mind boggles.

Work takes me to a lot of VW shows and I see a huge number of these and I really don't understand them. They are basically a big tin tray with wheels and yet are the thick end of £200 a pop. And yet having observed a place selling them, the punters were absolutely lapping them up. There was even a place hiring them out at one show which was charging £30 A DAY. You could hire an actual car for that. The mind boggles.

i think its the fact that a radio flyer is safer than most of the scene tossbag motors what makes them so popular

• Like 1

^^^ That's not 'scene' that's just f-ing mental! :shock:
Maestro van underneath all the plastic IIRC.

...and regardless of the questionable style, at least it looks roadworthy.

You mean those mad max style air intakes for the carb are not "Scene"?

Fucksticks, better rip the one off the Micra then.

To me, the whole VWDUBSCENESHITE thats been banging on for a few years now is just a cry for attention, to other VEEDUBshitters. "look at my lows and my rust!" Said no proper car enthusiast......ever......

Making a car look and drive nice/better is (in my eyes) respectable. Making a car look shite, unmaintained and unroad worthy makes me shout "grow up and get a decent job!"

Grrrrrr.

Then theres Toyota Prius'. Different league............ smug bastards.

Oh Christ. Had a horrible thought. My Merc is a rusty, badly repaired pile of crap. Am I scene?

If a similar looking rusty low VW with an 18yr old burberry cap wearing youth gives you a NOD coming the other way..........

Worry.

I get round the whole scenetax shit by continually buying Volvos. It puts me in league with the likes of Sam Glover, davefowler2000, rml245 and Creeping Jesus.

Err...

• Like 3

Making a car look and drive nice/better is (in my eyes) respectable. Making a car look like a piece of shit, unmaintained and unroad worthy makes me shout "grow up and get a decent job!"

Grrrrrr.

completely agree with your statement, but edited because "making a car look shite" has a positive meaning on here

used in a sentence, look how shite ive made my car look by taking the 17" ripspeed alloys that it came with off as they are wank and put on the original 14" steel wheels and original wheel trims

perhaps we could start an autoshite scene, that i would like

have this to brighten your day

100510.hwy34mp16.2.sized.jpg