Right, time to fix stuff

Electric Leyland

Its taking some getting used to I have to admit, but I suppose you can't clone the old theme?

I hope the wave of spammers sorts itself out!

Re: The spammers, I thought we were on admin approval of new members Dave? Might be an idea to do that for a while so you're not getting constantly bombarded with reported posts. I'm sure there are a good few bods on here who would be willing to help out sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Or is there not some facility where the first few posts can't have a url link in them or similar?

At risk of sounding like general ludd I also preffered the astehetics the way they were before. The new skin seems to have too many colours going on and generally seems a bit busy. My suggestion would be to replace the blue and green bits with an existing shade of beige. Possibly make the home page show the main forum index rather than the current mix? I know some forums give users a choice of themes so perhaps there could be an autoshite classic them created, which shamelessly recreates the old look?

Fully appreciate they hard work that goes into keeping the forum going though so I do feel bad nitpicking over how things look.

Think of it as fitting a K-series engine to a morris minor and I'm now complaining that the block isnt green enough....

I suppose that's the difficulty of creating a highly-sophisticated new forum for the sort of people that frequent autoshite.

Whatever you do, it just won't be crap enough. :smile:

Or is there not some facility where the first few posts can't have a url link in them or similar?

Sorting this now

s far as skin is concerned,it wouldnt be hard to change colors a bit,i will have a play over at test board over weekend.

Just checking out the mobile version. A vast improvement! No beige at all, but I don't care. It's easy to use and much easier to read posts. I also like the new look of the main forum. Takes some getting used to but I already much prefer it to the old one. Top work Dave!

• Like 1

Dave, the new forum is frikkin amazing. You won't be able to please everyone all the time.

I love the mobile version, and that has no beige at all!

I'd give it time to 'settle in', be just like home in a couple of weeks.

All new members now have to have their first 5 posts approved by moderator,so this should cut down on spam.

Also they are now  Members,becoming Full Members after 5 posts

Well it's taken me three days to finally do this, after trawling through old emails and recovering my password..... It's a good job I never tidy shit up. But I'm IN! Yay for me!

Albert was that why you mentioned me on FB? :)

Anyway liking the full forum, hate the mobile one. Theres not enough info on it, like how many posts on the thread. Top work though Dave!!

In a month we'll have forgotten what the old one looked like.

I've still got the povo spec reply box on this iPad - no smilies or anything else.

This is getting far too flashy for us! but we all appreciate it, I'm not keen on the mobile app as it always starts from the first post on page 1 and takes ages to get to the last post on my phone so sooner just use the full version.

Must say I'm rather impressed, especially that I was able to waltz straight in with my old password, which is excellent news as I have no idea what it is.

We like beige and browns, but add fake wood trim as well and it will be pure heaven ! A real good job, so many thanks for working hard to keep us all together

Great work, Dave. Thanks for all the effort you've put in on this. I like the new forum a lot, especially how well it works on mobiles.

Only thing which doesn't seem to work for me is password reset - I never get the email. I'm still locked out of my old account (Peter), but now this one's working I'm not so fussed. 

Excellent seamless* changover. Well done.

Now we've all licked each other's balls, can we lose the borders and have the width track the browsr width? Pleeeeease pretty please with sugar on top etc? :)

... can we lose the borders and have the width track the browsr width? Pleeeeease pretty please with sugar on top etc? :)

+1.

The forum displays correctly on my large PC monitor, but on a 1024x768 laptop screen there's a big brown border on the left hand side and I have to scroll across to the the final inch or so on the right side.