Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I have the Morestone VW (also in light blue) and these others.....

post-5367-0-95421300-1442647796_thumb.jpg

Matchbox (previous model to the original Camper van which was green with metal interior), Lego (loads of colours on these)  and Husky (which also came with tower wagon or elevator belt attachments).

Impressed with those Lagondas - they were fetching quite a bit last time I looked.   I only go up to the pink and yellow box just before these ones (to save a bit of space).    That LAD cabbed rigid - is that Budgie?     

• Like 3

2 more 1:43 scale Fords added to my fleet, courtesy of the one and only Lobster of this Parish. I've done a wheel swap to make the RS2k look a bit poverty spec. They are Trofeu branded, in Whitebox packaging

post-5211-0-71811500-1442685839_thumb.jpg

post-5211-0-61250100-1442685858_thumb.jpg

post-5211-0-92665900-1442685829_thumb.jpg

I've been having a big clear out lately and found this in a box of stuff at my folks place. I've probably had it 30 years! Funnily enough I always thought it was Bburago - I had loads of Bburago as a kid - but turns out it is Tonka-Polistil. Either way I am quite impressed by it. Not a bad little model, especially as I'm guessing these were aimed at kids at the time. Anyway, have some pictures!

DSC_0325_zpsfztrbdat.jpg

DSC_0324_zpstd7u3vls.jpg

DSC_0326_zps2s8wn2h2.jpg

DSC_0327_zpsd1xp18lm.jpg

DSC_0328_zps535kvjtd.jpg

DSC_0331_zpsofldxhzk.jpg

DSC_0332_zpswk9mr96w.jpg

DSC_0334_zpskmwvupwf.jpg

DSC_0329_zps9xsps7am.jpg

• Like 3

I love Polistils, I have that Countach in White, red and Black. Also have a 1/16 Porsche which is huge and basic, got that for a quid. I always listed after these as a kid so it's gr9 that they are cheaper now than when they were new. Top bombing there.

• Like 1

I've another the same in the archives, later issue with bigger wheels and plastic base. I like the old Mira models in this scale, always of really shit stuff like Seat Rondas or Seat 132 saloons. I'll put a picture up when I find them out the loft.

Nice work.

Did you drill them apart?

Love the Atlantic,I can remember dad dug one up on a beach,in Wales(I think).

He was into metal detecting at the time.

The poor Austin was badly corroded though,can't recall what became of it.

yes, i drilled the rivit heads off  .Drill wandered a bit on the Fiat and gouged the baseplate ... I then (1mm ) drilled deep into the post , made a couple of rivits out of plumbing solder , and superglued them in .. All the faffing about making a snap and set... I see i could have bought some rivits already made on ebay !!

Cant put my finger on it right now, but I did see a bespoke drill bit on Ebay or somewhere recently specifically for drilling out baseplate rivets.   And, yes, there are repro Spot-on, Corgi and Dinky type rivets available.   Nice job on the Atlantic, the colour really suits it.   Getting these apart is also the only way to change the back tyres (unless you are prepared to split them and have a bumpy table-top ride)

Now then, now then ,now then... that colour is Ford ..I bought 2 aerosols , one of which also matched my Pajero .. and that needs a bit of touching up on the bumper  ok?

I lost the lids  and , I am in need of another can . There's 2 similar Ford colours .. Mercury grey is one.. whats the other ? One of them is the right colour !

I joined several die cast Facebook groups this summer which has proved bad for my health. Managed to get my hands on a 1/18 scale MGF 75th Anniversary by Corgi. A lot of 1/18 scale models from the mid 1990s were still unite basic although you could see that they were trying. I fell out of love with this scale as a result until about 10 years later but looking back I now love the basic-ness!

post-3238-0-46801400-1443565749_thumb.jpeg

post-3238-0-49481400-1443565765_thumb.jpeg

post-3238-0-50043100-1443565778_thumb.jpeg

that is indeed in lovely condition....still have mine but saw fit to peel one of the snakes off when I was a kid, dunno why maybe it wasn't on straight or something.   It always reminded me of Don "The Snake" Prudhomme although he was connected with Mattel rather than Matchbox IIRC.... Great find!

• Like 1

I joined several die cast Facebook groups this summer which has proved bad for my health. Managed to get my hands on a 1/18 scale MGF 75th Anniversary by Corgi. A lot of 1/18 scale models from the mid 1990s were still unite basic although you could see that they were trying. I fell out of love with this scale as a result until about 10 years later but looking back I now love the basic-ness!

I always wanted one of those so badly when I'd see it in Antics. I did end up with an S-Type by Maisto and an Ertl Freelander at that time, but never the F.

Today, I paid the ransom I was blackmailed for by her Majesty's myrmidons. They had intercepted private business, violated my basic right of postal secrecy and would not release a parcel

until I paid up. I'm getting sick and tired of their criminal machinations and interference with my personal freedom.

Here goes, it was from America and contained this:

001.jpg

001.jpg

Also included was a note that thanked me for buying from the USA and a Hershey bar!

• Like 4

Managed to get my hands on a 1/18 scale MGF 75th Anniversary by Corgi. A lot of 1/18 scale models from the mid 1990s were still unite basic although you could see that they were trying.

I bought the same one from eBay for a handful of quid; I quite like it as a model though the headlamps are a bit clunky. It's a bit of a toy but then again I can't imagine Autoart doing an MGF any time soon.

In other news:

post-4819-0-08788000-1443729677_thumb.jpg

Bought myself a Stratos.

post-4819-0-50589500-1443729712_thumb.jpg

Doesn't exactly reek of AutoShite, but surely any '70s Lancia qualifies?