'Er Indoors tolerance levels

Electric Leyland

How tolerant is your other half to your Autoshite business?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How tolerant is your other half to your Autoshite business?

• Tolerant. Possibly bordering on passive interest.
    • Kind of tolerant, but only because it's totally non negotiable from your perspective
    • Intolerant. Unhappy with your autoshite commitment level
    • Very intolerant. Your autoshite business is kept top secret.

Nope, but only cos there's nobody to get earache from in the Mk2 household at the moment. A number of mates have however voiced loud disapproval when the camera comes out in their company to photograph a 1986 Charade or somesuch

I'm on a good thing most of the time, however she doesn't khow how much of my cars in the loft and i get the occasional " more money on the car?".but overall not bad.Hoping to use the car for my wedding, so it's a good reason for all the time and money going in to it. :D

Maybe not so much intolerant as not understanding the whole fascination with old/crap cars... although she likes our shitey Starlet too and doesn't need anything bigger, newer or more expensive. I'll get through to her one day, I'm sure.

Tolerant to the point that she didn't even comment when I had 6 on the go last year, but was pleased I came to my senses when I realised I had too much to do.All this may change if I don't quickly finish off the estate to get it back on the road and begin the DIY required to accomodate the arrival of Welfare Jnr in 4 months, however.

Ever get earache for liking Autoshite stuff?

All the time, my choice of automotive crap (currently an oil guzzling Marauder motorbike) is always up for comment - usually along the lines of "why do you insist on buying piles of crap?" when I walk in covered in oil or complaining that the bike is using more oil than petrol.

My other half likes shiny new German cars & I like battered old French & Italian ones which are poles apart. But that said, I think she accepts that I like them, although she was more than happy for me to find something modern for when I 'take her somewhere'. I learnt not to mention any problems with the Renault unless it needed fixing in which case I had to own up but otherwise all I would get is "You need a new car!". If we went anywhere long distance it was always in her car because she wouldn't abide being in something without music, air con & a headrest for snoozing on for any length of time. Otherwise it hasn't really affected her since the Renault went into hibernation about a year ago & she's never actually met the Ritmo so that hasn't affected her either.

Mine has a profound disinterest in cars and can't tell one from another - a scabby old Granada would be judged by the same rules as a brand new Aston Martin (comfy/not comfy, nice aircon/stuffy). It's great, because I can drive whatever I fancy and don't end up dragging a bored g/f round shows. I still get the gamma rays whenever I propose extending the fleet, though :lol:

Moods range from mild ambivalence right the way through to shouty rage. Currently sitting at a level of festering irritation due to this week's purchase of the big trailer & the BX I still haven't fetched & my rumbled plot for Avenger Glory (Oh and the perpetual mild broken-ness of the BMW & everlasting total broken-ness of the Super Minx). Not a terribly jolly situation.

My other half is reasonably tolerant of my shite collection but currently as only 2 cars out of the 6 work, I'm getting ear ache.Went to view another car last week (a Wolseley 16/60) and there was no discouragement of any kind - and that car didn't work either! But I thought better of it (although the floors & chassis were perfect & had never seen a welding torch, the sills were good, even the jacking points & outriggers were perfect... maybe I should have bought it... :? )

There hasn't been a Ms Wuvvum for some time now, so girlfriendial approval is not something I have to worry about. Hence the fact that a far higher percentage of my income than is healthy gets spent on motorised tat. The last Ms Wuvvum rolled her eyes every time I bought another old heap and would occasionally (OK then, frequently) nag me about wasting my money, but I didn't take a lot of notice. She didn't mind driving shite though - she loved my Granada Ghia X and I think she even quite enjoyed driving the Talbot Horizon I bought her, although she never admitted it.

she loved my Granada Ghia X and I think she even quite enjoyed driving the Talbot Horizon I bought her, although she never admitted it.

Bloody hell, she must have been pretty tolerant! :D

My better half seems to think a new Corsa on credit (only £99 deposit! :roll:) from Arnold Clark is a brilliant deal, but she's quite keen on the Saab as it's comfy and has more 'class' than the tat I've had before.