Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Project

Vent Your VAG Hatred Here!

Project

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#91 OFFLINE   abelw44

abelw44

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 64 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:42 AM

Right then, time to amend my lack of any kind of update to this.

The Audi is, as far as I can tell, dead as the proverbial Dodo.

It recently developed a little overheating problem, which caused a boil over, the top hose bursting off the radiator, and coolant vomiting out all over a multi story car park. Much to the amusement of many other drivers. Bother.

No matter, I thought, and I put the hose back on and bought lots of bottled water from the local supermarket which got the car home. The radiator was decrepit, having been on the car for 18 years, so I replaced it with a brand new one. I went for a drive and all seemed well, and I assumed the problem was gone. I think I've covered my usual level of correctness before on this thread before, so I won't go through it again.

Driving the car on a 20 mile trip, it proceed to boil over again, but in the arse end of nowhere so I couldn't get hold of water to attempt to make it run again, and I was worried now about how much damage the engine might have sustained. So, I rang the RAC and a knight in orange flashing armour came to my rescue.

Whilst waiting for the brave knight I idly took the oil filler cap off, and could smell the exhaust fumes venting from it. Bother.

So I can only assume either OMGHGF or piston ring damage. Or potentially a double whammy of both.

The brave knight towed me home:

8e553f640570e24ce9879c805d97fae9.jpg

Once home and unloaded the poor sod now refuses to start and just cranks over and over.

So I think it's time that she's crushed into a cube and sent to the great scrapyard in the sky.

However, I was hoping some folks on here might have some suggestions for me, as there are perfectly good parts on it that I'd like to pull off and sell before scrapping it, but I don't know how that affects whether I actually can scrap it or not.

The brand spanking new radiator will come off and go back in it's box to be eBayed or sold on here if anyone wants it as nearly new.

It's got 5 brand new Hankook tires on it, so I want to nick the wheels off it and sell those - but presumably it needs some wheels to be able to get on a trailer?

Obviously, if there are any bits on it that are useful to anyone on here, please drop me a line and I can sort out getting them to people.

Oh and finally - I'm now in fairly desperate need of sub £1000 estate shite transportation, so I'd be very grateful for any suggestions in that department. I've been drooling over Rover 75 tourers on Auto Trader....

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Thanks,

Abelw44 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users