Jump to content

Another COLLECSHUNFRED completed.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Following on from buying the Polo breadvan which I didn't anticipate buying, I've now done exactly the same thing again a few weeks later. 

I visited a customer this week who needs a rise and recline chair. Customer purchases it and in course of chatting, her neighbour who dealing with everything on the lady's behalf says how shes so glad the chair is on its way and now it's sorted they've just got to get rid of her car. 

Fuck sake 

So me being me pipes up with "oh yeah, what is it?" 

Customer points to the back of the drive and obviously I want to know how much. Price agreed and collected it yesterday. What is it? 

IMG_20260806_165917.jpg.8242d7b4a0d75148c9db05b0ddf54293.jpgIMG_20260806_165933.jpg.a54174e27e777008f4771f152db78791.jpg

IMG_20260806_171100.jpg.2706fac4ed4dbd01a1cc933c1b845ffe.jpgIMG-20260813-WA0007.jpeg.8769da1cf760cfd61f25b28764bd842f.jpeg

2004 CLK320 Elegance. Got fully stamped up history to 89k (currently on 91k). New tyres all round last year and had a lot of money spent on it over the last few years. 

It's got a few minor issues. One of the rear reverse lights is inop and the vents blow hot on the drivers side irrespective of temp selected.

There's a receipt from a local merc specialist diagnosing a possible SAM fault for the light and a new heat flat stepper motor is required for the temp issue. It clicks behind the dash so I'm thinking it's more that the arm or cognis broken rather than the motor. 

Centre console, radio etc need to come out and then I'll be able to see what's what. 

IMG_20260806_171026.jpg

IMG_20260813_182307.jpg

Posted

Very nice. Did CLKs suffer less badly from rust? 

Used to seeing silver mercs of this era being rusty around the front wings etc.

Posted

I think the rust issues affected mainly the previous gen c202 and C-class saloon equivalent. 

This ONE has ZERO rust

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...