Jump to content

Shitefest or bust, a sort of collection caper.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Making good progress, we're in Devon, just stopped for fuel and a cool down after a big hill 😎

  • Like 7
Posted

OK, this went a bit silent as eva didn't know how to post in the forum and fell asleep alot 🙄 

After Okehampton fuel the going went well until heavy traffic on the m5. We caught up with KruJoe and Lin

20260816_141736.jpg.61e5b183503032c0479fd03adff8e201.jpg

 

The Lancia was getting mildly warm so we came off and hit the a roads alongside for a bit to keep moving. 

20260816_145921.jpg.f5ac1ab0d9237153a140542801cb93fe.jpg

And I'm now home. We split as we entered Oxford and @catsinthewelder shouldn't be too far away 🤞🤞 

I'm hoping it got papped a ton, people were giving thumbs up and slowing alongside for a look constantly! 

 

Posted

Awesome you made it! Does the owner love it? 😬😂 

  • Like 4
Posted

Google shows a Fulvia  specialist close to 6C so.I guess they will have a new customer

Congratulations to Cats on completing this challenge

Posted

20260816_190423.jpg.a09ee6eb3b93f258a6eeec5b9c1219dc.jpg

Made it!

 

A bit of a delicate balance of keeping revs up for oil pressure and down for temperature which was hovering just below the red once we got off the motorway.  

It's lost a little coolant but only a little.  The faster roads were mostly smoother than Redruths speed bumps but a few sudden dips on fast roads were exciting with the suspension clonks / wheel arches.  At one point I just stayed in the outside lane to avoid a bad patch.

Thanks to everyone, its been a brilliant weekend.  Currently waiting for a late train in Milton Keynes.

Posted

@catsinthewelder I did like how you shot off when that police car pulled out inbetween us 😂 

I prayed our Google maps were both thinking the same thing and turned left once we lost it but that would have been fun 😬 

 

That loop of sedgemoor to drive almost totally round one of the many small snarly bits there were was funny too! 

And we technically* took it abroad as we entered Wales briefly onto the m4 😂 

 

12/10 would follow again

Posted

Oh Christ, I forgot about the copper!

I didn't fancy that conversation.

I just started to worry that you'd both gone,"finally, hes stopped for lunch" but that thought occurred just as I passed the carpark at the services.

Posted

Absolutely amazing!!

Massive thanks for fetching the Picunto .

and to @BeEP for meeting up and selling it .

Its got working AC now due to @Talbot

Posted
2 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

On the way to the station 😎

20260816_190957.jpg

This must have felt like you were floating after the 6+ hours you were in the Fulvia 😂 

Were the seats comfy in the end? They totally fill the entire inside of the car, looked like 2 MASSIVE people were sat in it at a glance from behind

  • Like 1
Posted

Its pretty comfortable with 2 people in,  no legroom for anyone 4 up but not enough suspension for that either!

Other than that the only comfort complaint is that the window doesn't wind completely down so with your elbow out it rubs slightly.

The adventure continues.....

I didn't book a train back as I didn't know what time I'd get to Buckingham.  When I arrived I went to check the websites whilst Chris inspected his new concours* classic.  All trains showing as cancelled, no tickets available, oh fuck.  After a bit of a think I got a lift to MK rather than Banbury as there are more potential trains 🤞

Bought a ticket from the machine and waited about an hour for LNWRs finest 12 coach class 350 to roll in an hour late.   Got on near the back and stood in the door area.  Then they announced they would be leaving the rear 4 coachs in Northampton so we all pressed forwards up the aisle for about 4 paces till we couldn't go further.  When we pulled into Northampton there was a stampede up the platform and almost everyone got on the front 8.  We stood in each others armpits for 10 minutes before they announced that they weren't now dividing the train so we stampeded back and got seats!  It wasn't because of the crush though, it was because they didn't have a member of staff available to divide the train.

Lots of announcements followed about which stations had short platforms so you needed to be in the front 4 or 8 then a couple more stations before they changed their mind again and told everyone for stations between Rugby and Birmingham New Street to get off and wait 10-15 minutes for the next one as they are running it non stop so I've got most of a coach to myself!  No idea why as we're on the same route.

Should get there in time for a train to Stourbridge then a rail replacement bus to Kidderminster 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

 

Posted
52 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Its pretty comfortable with 2 people in,  no legroom for anyone 4 up but not enough suspension for that either!

Other than that the only comfort complaint is that the window doesn't wind completely down so with your elbow out it rubs slightly.

The adventure continues.....

I didn't book a train back as I didn't know what time I'd get to Buckingham.  When I arrived I went to check the websites whilst Chris inspected his new concours* classic.  All trains showing as cancelled, no tickets available, oh fuck.  After a bit of a think I got a lift to MK rather than Banbury as there are more potential trains 🤞

Bought a ticket from the machine and waited about an hour for LNWRs finest 12 coach class 350 to roll in an hour late.   Got on near the back and stood in the door area.  Then they announced they would be leaving the rear 4 coachs in Northampton so we all pressed forwards up the aisle for about 4 paces till we couldn't go further.  When we pulled into Northampton there was a stampede up the platform and almost everyone got on the front 8.  We stood in each others armpits for 10 minutes before they announced that they weren't now dividing the train so we stampeded back and got seats!  It wasn't because of the crush though, it was because they didn't have a member of staff available to divide the train.

Lots of announcements followed about which stations had short platforms so you needed to be in the front 4 or 8 then a couple more stations before they changed their mind again and told everyone for stations between Rugby and Birmingham New Street to get off and wait 10-15 minutes for the next one as they are running it non stop so I've got most of a coach to myself!  No idea why as we're on the same route.

Should get there in time for a train to Stourbridge then a rail replacement bus to Kidderminster 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

 

Just continuing the adventure! Hope you're nearing home

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...