Tales from The Flight Deck - hello Espace!

cpjitservices

2 hours ago, Ohdearme said:

Must confess I never ever looked.

i used the internal computer reading  to monitor it and it was serviced regularly so I never needed to 🤣.

Never had a check ABS, used to get a check ESP but that was because the tracking was out but that got fixed.

I got a Christmas tree of lights when the battery died once but it got a new battery in 23 I think and they all went away.

Glad it’s going strong.

The fuel gauge paranoia is just Renault being Renault. It disappears at 60 and I think handbook says that

Handbook.. whats that? Ive seen the covers of it lol haha

Yeah the dash is lit up due to the ABS sensor that I broke! haha! so that is of my own doing! Easy done! (Bloody things).

13 hours ago, Dan302 said:

Took the 207 up to York (park and ride) today and it was faultless. I had the clutch done the other day which wasn't expensive and has transformed the way it drives, I know it wasn't slipping but the biting point is perfect now, it really does drive well and used barely a thimble full of diesel!!  Really is a cracking car 🙂

I thought about getting the clutch done on it, Big gearbox on those? Glad it did not cost too much.

i didn't get it done because as you say it wasnt slipping and I was used to how it was.

I think the next major jobs on the Espace will be Clutch and then the Timing Chains - which is apparently a 14 hour job! Engine out and back in etc.

Unless....@ohdearme did you have a clutch in it in your tenure or chains?

If you took a weekend over it and gave the engine bay a good clean out whilst the engine was out, check the hidden hoses etc and put it back on Sunday it might get more value out of the job? 

And you can have a break from lugging the engine about in the middle 😂

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, cpjitservices said:

I thought about getting the clutch done on it, Big gearbox on those? Glad it did not cost too much.

i didn't get it done because as you say it wasnt slipping and I was used to how it was

Book time was 8 hours but it took way less time so only cost £473 including the 3 piece clutch kit

3 hours ago, Dan302 said:

Book time was 8 hours but it took way less time so only cost £473 including the 3 piece clutch kit

Thats a bloody good price! Money well spent, that.

Luton was achieved today. 3 hours 15 there… 3 hours 44 back due to delays. Got home around 15:30.

Averaged around 38MPG apparently - according to the Motherships onboard computer! I’d say it’s probably about right.

More mileage covered.

Unexpected trip to Helmsley tomorrow as well. 

Espace was flawless, smooth..comfortable.. and carried computers with monitors, big printer and all manner of peripherals! 

Job well done Espace! 

8 minutes ago, cpjitservices said:

Luton was achieved today. 3 hours 15 there… 3 hours 44 back due to delays. Got home around 15:30.

Averaged around 38MPG apparently - according to the Motherships onboard computer! I’d say it’s probably about right.

More mileage covered.

Unexpected trip to Helmsley tomorrow as well. 

Espace was flawless, smooth..comfortable.. and carried computers with monitors, big printer and all manner of peripherals! 

Job well done Espace! 

It’s such a comfy and practical thing, you’ll find it hard to get rid of because there are so few jobs it doesn’t do well.

Octo failed the Mot, expected tbh but just a few bushes to sort and I’m good to go again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ohdearme said:

It’s such a comfy and practical thing, you’ll find it hard to get rid of because there are so few jobs it doesn’t do well.

Octo failed the Mot, expected tbh but just a few bushes to sort and I’m good to go again.

Oh indeed - it is definitely earning its keep!

Ahh MOT doesn’t sound too bad! Least it’ll be right!

On 10/09/2024 at 21:16, Dan302 said:

Took the 207 up to York (park and ride) today and it was faultless. I had the clutch done the other day which wasn't expensive and has transformed the way it drives, I know it wasn't slipping but the biting point is perfect now, it really does drive well and used barely a thimble full of diesel!!  Really is a cracking car 🙂

Ridiculously economical when I had it though you can probably blame me for the clutch wear, that poor thing was driven all over the place! 

14 minutes ago, PicantoJon said:

Ridiculously economical when I had it though you can probably blame me for the clutch wear, that poor thing was driven all over the place! 

Cars are meant to be used! Its a cracking car really practical

Plans for today:

Helmsley to visit the bakers (Pork pies with an apple top hmmmmmm)

York for Monks Cross, then over to Scarborough for tea :) then home! It is a school night after all!

I've not told the wife we’re going to head for Scarborough for tea yet. 

:)

• Like 2

Plans for today:

Helmsley to visit the bakers (Pork pies with an apple top hmmmmmm)

York for Monks Cross, then over to Scarborough for tea :) then home! It is a school night after all!

I've not told the wife we’re going to head for Scarborough for tea yet. 

:)

IMG_4688.jpeg