Morris Ambulance - Motorway Mishap

vulgalour

I've been following a Morris Ambulance build over on the Youtube and it has encountered a bit of a mishap on the motorway recently and is in need of parts.

Someone here probably have links to parts lurking somewhere.  Absolutely terrible bit of luck for the guy, he's only just replaced the very rare screen and now needs to source and replace it all over again.  He's also after some or a complete bodyshell to serve as a donor for repairs.  It's an interesting build with some really good problem solving going on, I really hope he's able to find the bits and pieces he needs to sort it out.

I'd heard in the past that Autoglass could make glass from a template or to fit the vehicle. Mind you they couldn't find a rear side window for a Lupo so who knows.

Might be worth a venture onto somewhere like Rods n Sods as custom glass is needed for roof chops etc

Pilkington have a service where they reproduce unusual screens. Anyone else supplying screens is presumably buying them from pilkington.

Absolutely nobody I contacted could supply me with a bronze screen for my Prelude. Pilkington were able to make one as a one off, albeit for about £600.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

I've been following a Morris Ambulance build over on the Youtube and it has encountered a bit of a mishap on the motorway recently and is in need of parts.

Someone here probably have links to parts lurking somewhere.  Absolutely terrible bit of luck for the guy, he's only just replaced the very rare screen and now needs to source and replace it all over again.  He's also after some or a complete bodyshell to serve as a donor for repairs.  It's an interesting build with some really good problem solving going on, I really hope he's able to find the bits and pieces he needs to sort it out.

Ouch. That's grim.

On my drive home from work today (31 miles) I passed two motorway based "up the arse" accidents. Likely a mix of stop start traffic and the rain. It's pretty much the same every time I go out and has led to my avoidance of motorways in any vehicle I give a shit about.

Shit, that’s not good. Such a shame it’s happened it. 

I can’t help with any bits but it might be worth checking all the banger racing forums/facebook groups etc etc, as there’s been a few big van meet’s recently and some similar stuff has turned up at them. Obviously the glass isn’t required for them! Got to be worth a try?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, danthecapriman said:

Shit, that’s not good. Such a shame it’s happened it. 

I can’t help with any bits but it might be worth checking all the banger racing forums/facebook groups etc etc, as there’s been a few big van meet’s recently and some similar stuff has turned up at them. Obviously the glass isn’t required for them! Got to be worth a try?

Exactly what I was about to post too 

• Like 1