Why do I do this

Petrolize

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

Brilliant car. I loved mine and would gladly have another. 

Re timing chain - These have a timing belt however the cams are linked with a small chain on the pass side. The tensioner for it fails and causes engine borkness. They tick before they die. Worthwhile watching for. 

If you don’t have kids buy a pack of baby wipes for the white bits of the seats. I found they clean them really well and quickly as stops them getting grubby again over time. 

The sills on these get hit with stone chips and rust for fun. I grinder mine right back, vatcan, stone chip then repainted then the correct colour. I bought a cheap set of oem mudflaps from Ali express or eBay. They fit really well and protect the sill for the future and look totally oem. 

Get it remapped! 

Thank you, I was wondering how to get the white bits of the seats clean! I don’t think I’ll get it remapped, it has an performance air filter and may already be mapped, but since it’s not gonna be a keeper won’t be spending money on things like that just now.

3 hours ago, Petrolize said:

Thank you, I was wondering how to get the white bits of the seats clean! I don’t think I’ll get it remapped, it has an performance air filter and may already be mapped, but since it’s not gonna be a keeper won’t be spending money on things like that just now.

If you do fix the sills and want some mudflaps. I think I have a brand new set sitting in the garage I could be encouraged to sell cheaply… 

• 1 month later...

I’ve done nearly 2000 miles in this now! Glad I ended up buying the car as some parts that were due to be fitted to my BMW E39 early this month have only just turned up. The cars still waiting at a bodyshop getting some work done. 

Drove all around Skye a few weekends back but didn’t take many pictures of the car, it’s still a bit scruffy for my liking and I’ve resisted spending any money improving the car, even if the potentials there. Will have to think about selling in the coming weeks to pay the bodyshop for work on the E39 and free up space. I’d be tempted to try another at some point though, however I’d maybe get a Golf mk5 GTI 2.0 TFSI of the same age in solid red. 

C5DEFC8E-9802-4AD0-926F-F4CE435FA85F.jpeg

89674FB3-FAFF-4C92-BE2D-B40C4F56F43C.jpeg