Project NADA.....Never say no to a free car!

ianbmw

Well then, what happens when Ian is slightly intoxicated

surrounded by LR friends in The Grenadier? Well I agree to collect a free Range Rover of course! The catch? it's over 4,000 miles away in Arizona!! This in itself is a little tricky, however my wife has given me a budget of ZERO, NIl, Nothing, NADA! So one Free Range Rover has now been 2,000 mile towed across the US.

To keep my word to Rachael, I need to fix it for "Free". This means I need help, free help! So if anyone can assist with parts, help with shipping parts or even fitting parts - there will certainly be a beer in it for you!

Oh yes, i've also promised to drive it to Utah in September.

So then,what's my progress so far? Well it's been tow from Arizona to North Carolina.

I have managed to blag a haul of parts, but ideally I need to get it this side of the Atlantic to fix it.....it doesnt have a gearbox to start with.

So then,how do you ship a vehicle,with no brakes or gearbox......across the Atlantic for nothing? It's a serious question and I am sure there is an answer.

P.S I've never actually been to the US and I am confident that driving a scrap car across the US with my family is a brilliant idea.fb5b9f86a3f0e62d02c7fea25b1d85bf.jpg85d08e074b4c632c344b6e073adc23e4.jpga7dc35337b9157e518111fcab81f007d.jpg545a9a3f91064dac2345fd92fb955e69.jpg37cff0d1e1eccd562b48b56fe105fc1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk