eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

One for Monsieur Bolleaux, a rather splendid late Rover 416 Tourer with 11 months ticket for £450, potentially needing a bit of future sparklestick love on the sills and minor fettlage.

When did you last see one of these for sale?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168448823503001/permalink/365147840499764/?sale_post_id=365147840499764

I'm fairly sure manual g'box means k-series so I'm going to get all "they all do that sir" and assume early stages of OMGHGFailz.

Cool car, regardless.

Oh baby, a 4-door Carina E GTI in not-red and without interstellar mileage. BE STILL MY BESTING HEART!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-TOYOTA-CARINA-E-GTI-WHITE-/252649872558

s-l1600.jpg

You'd think they'd make a bit more effort with the interior though. Are some Recaros and nicer trim than the LX too much to ask?

Oh baby, a 4-door Carina E GTI in not-red and without interstellar mileage. BE STILL MY BESTING HEART!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-TOYOTA-CARINA-E-GTI-WHITE-/252649872558

s-l1600.jpg

You'd think they'd make a bit more effort with the interior though. Are some Recaros and nicer trim than the LX too much to ask?

Sorry, but £2.5k?!

I can think of much more interesting ways of spending that much money than on a warmed-over Carina.

Sorry, but £2.5k?!

I can think of much more interesting ways of spending that much money than on a warmed-over Carina.

You sir, are letting the good things in life pass you by. Nah seriously the last one I saw went for about the same money, through bidding, so somebody likes them enough.

Oh baby, a 4-door Carina E GTI in not-red and without interstellar mileage. BE STILL MY BESTING HEART!http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-TOYOTA-CARINA-E-GTI-WHITE-/252649872558s-l1600.jpgYou'd think they'd make a bit more effort with the interior though. Are some Recaros and nicer trim than the LX too much to ask?

Condition looks fine.

Zero seems to be in the wrong place in the ad though.

That Matador ad', yes, I read it, and got annoyed. They doesn't even show a picture of said brown shagpile. In fact there are only 2 pictures of the car, as snap 3 if from google images.  How useless can some of these twats be?  

other pictures available

FFS.

But it continues..,

Condition wise if I were to mark the entire car out of 10 given how rare it is, I would mark it 9.

What does that even mean? You can't adjust the scale of condition based on how scarce an item is you melon.   

There is a long MOT and I will clarify how long when I look up the paperwork.

Game over man. Game over.

That Matador ad', yes, I read it, and got annoyed. They doesn't even show a picture of said brown shagpile. In fact there are only 2 pictures of the car, as snap 3 if from google images.  How useless can some of these twats be?  

other pictures available

FFS.

But it continues..,

Condition wise if I were to mark the entire car out of 10 given how rare it is, I would mark it 9.

What does that even mean? You can't adjust the scale of condition based on how scarce an item is you melon.   

There is a long MOT and I will clarify how long when I look up the paperwork.

Game over man. Game over.

Note that the title of the ad doesn't mention with one word what is actually for sale.

Then there is this:

The car is powered by a big block Chrysler V8 of which there were 3 engine sizes available and has auto box which both behave very nicely.

As a matter of fact, the car is not powered by a big block Chrysler V8. It's powered by an AMC engine. However, elsewhere in the ad is stated, that it has 390 CI.

Well, neither any Chrysler big block, nor any AMC V8 available in the Matador, had 390 CI.

And which both behave very nicely? The three engine sizes and the auto box?

However, the crowning bit is this:

There are a few small;l blisters from the vinyl roof down  and a couple on the driver's front wing top, and door bottoms, which wouldn't take a lot to remove, but I have a lot of classic cars and want to sell this one as it is.

Anyone who ever had a classic car knows exactly that removing those "few small blisters" is no mean feat at all.

Ironically this is involuntarily confirmed by wanting to sell it as is.