Malta Classic Car Museum

SiC

Here are an assortment of photos from the Malta car museum I went to last week. Quite an eclectic collection. A bit like the old and rare stuff still bobbing around roads in Malta.

Their website: https://www.classiccarsmalta.com/

As you can tell, I'm no pro, so sorry for slight blurs in some! I left the camera in auto "Superior" mode which takes many photos and combines them to do something. Unfortunately I often forget this and move the camera before it finishes taking photos...

Link to album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/76613279@N00/albums/72157686818506722

Enjoy!

• Like 5

I've been twice, last time there'd been a problem with the concrete ceiling and chunks had fallen off, the Lotus Cortina was the only car damaged though. Glad to see that (and the ceiling) are now fixed.

I lost my original pictures of Malta in 2013 but I have the ones from this year. There seemed to be a lot less older cars in general use, but I was fortunate enough to find a car meet outside my hotel one day!

34945296523_5f4b0cb9a6_b.jpgDSC_0378_zps3mtirix4 by Me, on Flickr

34913776534_d7b8550575_b.jpgDSC_0584_zpssyb48mhc by Me, on Flickr

• Like 4

I've been there. Fabulous place. He's one old car outside as an advertisement. Building itself is not what you'd expect to house a museum. Did you go to the drag racing?!!!

When I saw the reviews, I was expecting it to be a bit different outside. Basically a housing apartment block as far as I could tell! The entrance made it look like it was going to be really small, but once you go in, it's huge.

The car outside was a funny one. It has a Bugatti sticker on the front, but it was a UK plate which DVLA said is an MG. We really didn't know what it really was.

What was the drag racing??

5fc2eef83940602ff4521033a570cd32.jpg

f4e4625407872d0b0b2067e1bab96953.jpg

Long while since I went to Malta. As with Junkman the whole Island was full of old cars, some junk, some immaculate.

I had an old mini hire car, they had chequered tape down the sides so the locals knew you could drive better than them!

Toot your horn at every opportunity.

No one told me about a Museum, or racing. That's Maltese relations for you.

They showed me a lot of bars though.

That "Bugatti" is likely a Teal replica of the 1980s presumably running MGB gear....

If it was MGB running gear, the front suspension setup and subframe is nothing like my MGB. I wondered if it was a based off a MG T-type or something.