Beige Bargain Bucket - £550 - Aberdeen

Supernaut

• 3 months later...

No update for a while! Mainly because this old crate has been providing faultless service all this time.

I reckon it could do with some luvvin, so I've ordered oil, filters, and a new sump plug from GSF. That lot would normally be £80 but due to a 56% discount code this weekend, it's set me back all of £35!

Not sure when I'll get round to actually servicing it, but at least I'll have the materials to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Curse you transverse mounted V6!

post-19977-0-39560400-1522598452_thumb.jpg

That's the oil filter nestled amongst the exhaust from the front bank of cylinders.

However this helped!

post-19977-0-88862200-1522598701_thumb.jpg

I also cured my brake judder. Cleaned and greased the front caliper carriers. The top slider pin on the front left was nasty! Probably the source of the judder.

I then put the summer wheels on there and gave it a wash with a pressure washer with detergent.

post-19977-0-80356900-1522598961_thumb.jpg

Hmm.

Brake judder still present, albeit much less severe (don't feel it through the steering now), and only very intermittent. I shall have a look at the rear calipers at some point.

This is still such a lovely way to cover ground quickly, quietly and stealthily though. Nobody suspects a beige Mondeo!

• 1 month later...

NOW FOR SALE.

£550, 124k miles, MOT until the middle of August.

2.5 V6 manual retirement home on wheels. I don't use it as I have the BMW 320i now, and this is just looking sad parked on the street. Somebody needs to drive it!

I also may have the horn for that Clio 172 that Tickman is selling.

I really want to try a 3.0 one of these before too long, just because they’re the answer to a question nobody asked.

GLWS.