Decent Capri Found in Scrapyard Yesterday 24/06/17 No Pics Sadly

0ldCh0d

I could not find the Scrapyard finds thread on here, but I needed to post this up here for anyone restoring a Ford Capri.

Yesterday whilst looking for a brake caliper for my Mercedes, I came across a Y Registration Ford Capri, Unfortunately, I did not have my phone with me to take some pictures, But this looked like it had a lot usefull parts on it.

It is defo scrap,, as there is a car on top of it, but it looks pretty much complete. Light Metallic Blue colour.

It is located on The Camps Industrial Estate, In East Calder, Scotland. Scrapyard is called ACE breakers or something similar.

the car is on your left hand side as you go in the gate. 

I just wish I had my phone to take pictures of it, but as said, it looked decent & had good panels etc.

I will try get back this week & take some pictures of it.

I could not find the Scrapyard finds thread on here, but I needed to post this up here for anyone restoring a Ford Capri.

Yesterday whilst looking for a brake caliper for my Mercedes, I came across a Y Registration Ford Capri, Unfortunately, I did not have my phone with me to take some pictures, But this looked like it had a lot usefull parts on it.

It is defo scrap,, as there is a car on top of it, but it looks pretty much complete. Light Metallic Blue colour.

It is located on The Camps Industrial Estate, In East Calder, Scotland. Scrapyard is called ACE breakers or something similar.

the car is on your left hand side as you go in the gate. 

I just wish I had my phone to take pictures of it, but as said, it looked decent & had good panels etc.

I will try get back this week & take some pictures of it.

Any chance you could have a look at the front valance? If it's any good (or even half decent) I would be happy to pay you for your trouble if you could get it off.

Any chance you could have a look at the front valance? If it's any good (or even half decent) I would be happy to pay you for your trouble if you could get it off.

I will have a look, as I said, It was not what I expected to see & it was the very time that I did not have my phone on me. 

After a bit of googling, The name of the scrap Yard is

Ace Car Disposal & Spares

Telephone Number comes up as well.

Might be worth a phone call tomorrow?

Guest Hooli

With the price of Capris these days, are any not savable? The prices they sell for must be around the cost of a restoration?

With the price of Capris these days, are any not savable? The prices they sell for must be around the cost of a restoration?

They do like to rust like fuck and a lot of panels just aren't available. Prices have gone up but restoration cost still outweighs value if they are crusty unless they are something special.

If there was a Capri in my local yard, I'd be pulling everything off it. 2 litre Pinto and T9, front legs, ANY good panels, lights, trim - basically strip it, only leaving the shit parts. Then Ebay it all and make a sodding fortune.

Few if any scrapyards don't know the value of stuff. He'd likely be charging you a fortune to take the bits off.

I have been too busy to go back & take some pictures of it. It certainly looked alright panel wise, as I walked past it. I don't know what the model is though,

It has a car on top of it also, I did not go & have a look at it (I should have) But, It certainly looked salvageable.

Other than, It is a Y reg, & it is similar to this colour....Minus the wheels.

IMG_1066.jpg

If there was a Capri in my local yard, I'd be pulling everything off it. 2 litre Pinto and T9, front legs, ANY good panels, lights, trim - basically strip it, only leaving the shit parts. Then Ebay it all and make a sodding fortune.

it definitely has the rear lights & Tailgate etc,Unfortunately, I don't know what the front end is like & if the engine is in it or not. I was just astonished to see it there in the first place.

I must add, I am in no way suggesting this car is mint, it could be totally rotten upon closer inspection (Which I did not do), But walking past, it caught my eye & it looked ok panel wise, drivers side & rear end, It faces in towards the yard, so I did not see the left hand side of it.