What's better to have..also put petrol in diesel see last post, that might change things now

Guest Burger1

Guest Burger1

This is some I've already got from underneath at the back, it's the chassis right behind the bumper. Not good photos but you'll hopefully get the idea..I'll get the bottoms of the doors shortly

post-17783-0-64211400-1470225191_thumb.jpeg

post-17783-0-99621700-1470225225_thumb.jpeg

post-17783-0-76392800-1470225257_thumb.jpeg

Guest Burger1

I'll scrap it enough's enough

And get what I get for the other again enough's enough

I've no cash to fix it, no real space to do it if I did, 2 lots of tax ect, nope!

I'm just in a right fkn mess and need to get out it and get the scrap moved

Shiny bodywork is no good when you are stranded at the side of the road with no breakdown cover and you are sat there playing with yourself to pass the time.

Get an estimate for a repair and see if it'll go through an MOT. But to be fair that does look quite crusty - our 51 plate focus should by all accounts be like bran flakes underneath but is'nt - has your car lived by the sea?

Having said that, neither sound like particularly good for the long term. Lots of cheap cars about nowadays.

God no re: pissed off. This is AS man. We have much higher tolerance levels.

Just swap everything over that you can. Are they both the same colour? (doubtful but what the hell) Swap the doors anyway if you can. The multi-coloured look is all the rage. 

Guest Burger1

Not pissed off here chap, its an honest quandary many of us face!

How are you spannering skills/spare time? Mega parts swap over a weekend?

Not bad but not much space at all to do stuff, plus she'd (birth mother) would get right pissed off as it'd be done in the drive

God no re: pissed off. This is AS man. We have much higher tolerance levels.

Just swap everything over that you can. Are they both the same colour? (doubtful but what the hell) Swap the doors anyway if you can. The multi-coloured look is all the rage. 

One's gold the other's blue

This forum is about rust, leaks and general fucking misery.

Yer not kiddin 

Joking aside, I really am pissed off with this situation, I've made a right fkn balls of it

Plus what i didn't say too....i also got my old Audi a4 est back, it's a 2.0tdi an 05....it's fine though body and running wise BUT.....i forgot it's only got 2 mot left aswell BASTARD!!!

So now I've got 3 fkn cars 2 that need mot'd in 2 months, 2 that are as good as scrap....and skint, really skint....if i hadn't bought the bloody Audi back i'd be (for me) quite rich but now I've fkd it big time by buying it back  :mad:

Bought it with the heart not the head

F*ck f*ck f*ck and f*ck again  :mad:

Bridge the 2 mondeos, use the cash to MOT the A4, should get £50/60 each for the mondeos?

If the A4 is sound enough it should go through with no fuss, what advisories did it have last year etc

Guest Burger1

What do you mean bridge them...is it another word for scrap them, yes I might but the thought of losing over 1000 in the space of 3 months is bad but I guess that's life.

A4 will need something but don't know what, I do hear a rattle from the back in bumpy roads but that's it, it drives spot on otherwise

I'd put both Mondys on ebay 'spares or repairs' (or Gumtree- SPARS OR RAPERS).  These things are pretty flaky as you know and two running cars will sell easily to someone who wants to repair one or keep their old shonker going.

Make it clear in the ads that you've replaced this n that; particularly injectors/ clutch etc etc.

With the MEGABUCKS you make, you'll easily keep the Audi in running condition and as a bonus, not piss the mother off, win win.

• Like 2

Yes, scrap them, or gumtree/facebook as spares or repairs, will pass MOT no problem M8, new car forces sale (then point at the a4) etc if you can be bothered.

The rattle from the back could be an exhaust heatshield or a bush, I know nothing about A4's. Doesn't sound like a failure though if its just a little rattle on bumpy roads.

Loosing £1k will suck, but you either put a few hundred more in and hope, or cut your losses.

I sold my ZX for £50. I could have spent £2-300 on it fixing the current issues, but then I'd still be bored of it, it would still need other work doing to it and it would still be a rattly high mileage baggy old car. The fact that it has a 5 month old exhaust, 9 month old suspension bushes etc is moot really.

Or, since this is autoshite, buy a 3rd Mondeo and hope/parts swap from the other 2...

Guest Burger1

Yes, scrap them, or gumtree/facebook as spares or repairs, will pass MOT no problem M8, new car forces sale (then point at the a4) etc if you can be bothered.

The rattle from the back could be an exhaust heatshield or a bush, I know nothing about A4's. Doesn't sound like a failure though if its just a little rattle on bumpy roads.

Loosing £1k will suck, but you either put a few hundred more in and hope, or cut your losses.

I sold my ZX for £50. I could have spent £2-300 on it fixing the current issues, but then I'd still be bored of it, it would still need other work doing to it and it would still be a rattly high mileage baggy old car. The fact that it has a 5 month old exhaust, 9 month old suspension bushes etc is moot really.

Or, since this is autoshite, buy a 3rd Mondeo and hope/parts swap from the other 2...

Thought about that ie sell them and cut my losses, I've never been in such a fkn fankle in my life re cars

You're prob right re the rattle on Audi, I'll have a look at it in the next day or so to see if I spot anything

Put everything you can on the LX and hope that the engine holds out until the MOT runs out.

I'm still thinking about that too, as I said above, I've never been in such a fkn mess with cars ever...It's mainly cause I bought the Audi back plus have 2 mondy estates already and no bloody room. Her drive only takes one the other 2 are on the rd so need to keep them taxed....It's a cnut really a complete and utter cnut this time.

Thing is too, I'm the only one in the street that fucks about with stuff the rest, all they do is come out get in and drive off...It's embarrassing..

I feel the drive is starting to resemble onslo minus the beer gut lol

No, you improve the street! Think positively man, their cars break too, but they have to pay £££ as their leased, you can fix for £ and carry on!

I never thought I'd be typing these words....

Keep the Audi ( :shock: ), bang the two Mondeos out as cheapos.  If a bloke gives you a ton, or even two, for a frilly Mondeo estate as a painter's van, he won't care if he has to get another in a few months.  He's already written off the money.  That's your target market, low-level self-employed, who can't quite stretch to a signwritten Connect or Berlingo.  Local Facebook selling groups are the place for these.  That's where my Saab estate went.  You will need to be flexible on price, but remember: a man waving cash is better than the man who hasn't shown up.

Guest Burger1

No, you improve the street! Think positively man, their cars break too, but they have to pay £££ as their leased, you can fix for £ and carry on!

No, really i don't....immediate neighbours cars aren't leased, when i say immediate i mean about 3-4 doors either side yes they'll put them "in" to get fixed but that's about it

Ah, jeez, if you've got an A4 you may as well bin the mondies!

Swiss watch M8.

What do you mean swiss watch?

I never thought I'd be typing these words....

Keep the Audi ( :shock: ), bang the two Mondeos out as cheapos.  If a bloke gives you a ton, or even two, for a frilly Mondeo estate as a painter's van, he won't care if he has to get another in a few months.  He's already written off the money.  That's your target market, low-level self-employed, who can't quite stretch to a signwritten Connect or Berlingo.  Local Facebook selling groups are the place for these.  That's where my Saab estate went.  You will need to be flexible on price, but remember: a man waving cash is better than the man who hasn't shown up.

I know what you're saying, one thing pissing me off though is that if i do somebody else will full use of the new flywheel\clutch, starter, injectors, exhaust, front brakes..

But know i might to cut my losses and take it on the chin

I asked the mechanic i use too, he said the put the mondy in for a mot and see what horrors he finds, I've been using the same place for about 15years but still get no favours which is the way i want it, stupid things like a bulb yes he'll say get it fixed but not mark it down...he's a decent guy

Personally I would....

Scrap the mondeos, get them gone and try not to think about them.

Gumtree or ebay `buyers` will just make you lose the will to live.

Guest Burger1

As in runs like a.

My 19 year old 1.8t literally refuses to misbehave.

Shit, shuda knew that doh  :oops:

it's a diesel though remember and mine's the dreaded 2.0tdi blb lump BUT.....ive got receipts for over £2000 for work inc the oil pump upgrade to the gear driven type and the cvt has had the 7plate software update from Audi....a bloody nice car to drive BUT I've still got a MEGA soft spot for the mondy's   :-( plus they're cheaper for parts AND i'll find some in a scrappy...dont think i'll find many (if any) 05 A4 estates (or avants to give it's posh german name  :mrgreen:

Personally I would....

Scrap the mondeos, get them gone and try not to think about them.

Gumtree or ebay `buyers` will just make you lose the will to live.

Yep, many are saying the same....and yes you're bang on re dumbtree

I know what you're saying, one thing pissing me off though is that if i do somebody else will full use of the new flywheel\clutch, starter, injectors, exhaust, front brakes..

But know i might to cut my losses and take it on the chin

That's gonna suck either way, but what's better? All those new parts just sitting on the driveway getting in the way?

Itll suck the day you do it, but give it a few weeks and youll be over it

Probably!

Or sell them on here for £50 each!