What you leave behind

Bren

Hmmm. Its a bit slow,and has no cat? Its running too weak there Bren. Needs a big alen key in the air flow meter by the sounds of it

• Like 1

You pretty much have to bury the throttle to make real progress- it is such a long time since I owned my 2.9 that I just assumed it was 30 year old technology.

There is a guy in Widnes who does old fashioned tune ups.

Like folk have said, if we like cars and we like families, these things are difficult especially when our relatives also liked their car. Good luck with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed a bit of hesitation when the throttle was pressed. I disconnected the throttle pot - car wouldn't run, which tells me pot is ok.

I could invest in a Gunson reader for £15 to see if these are any faults.

Given the choice, I would keep it rather than sell it for the derisory sum these are worth. I had a black 2.8i Scorchio over 20 years ago, a C plater with velours, C921GWL. These are a tremendous car - ignore the Mark II Granny loving h8erz. Superb ride (I mean really nice), smooth V6, the good old 4LD auto. Just a really pleasant way to travel.

Given the choice, I would keep it rather than sell it for the derisory sum these are worth. I had a black 2.8i Scorchio over 20 years ago, a C plater with velours, C921GWL. These are a tremendous car - ignore the Mark II Granny loving h8erz. Superb ride (I mean really nice), smooth V6, the good old 4LD auto. Just a really pleasant way to travel.

Realistically car is only worth a few hundred - even sierra's are more sought after. We'll spend a few bob on it and get it really nice again.

• Like 5