Grey sierra sold

garbaldy

Yay. The weber conversion was very, very common. My 1.6GL Capri had the same treatment. Much improvements.

I think that would have been the 28/36 dgav or dgas with the square chokes, they fetch serious money now in good condition as they are a brilliant bolt on improvement over the VV, the oval choke ones were more of an emissions/ economy thing but if it sorts the problem then all good and as they were on an 1800 originally I would guess they would be jetted about right, just not sure whether it can be made to fit the cvh.

I think the reason it was parked originally was because of it cutting out and running badly. The guy i bought it off tried changing the cap and leads but gave up and stuck it in the barn instead.

I think the reason it was parked originally was because of it cutting out and running badly. The guy i bought it off tried changing the cap and leads but gave up and stuck it in the barn instead.

Sound like the problem has returned then, it's been fine since I cleaned it out that's why I changed the mounting gaskets thinking that carb was ok.

Had a quick look and I think it's a 28/30 dftm but will have to dig it out to be 100% sure. Have a look and see if you work a manifold or adapt the pinto one and send me a PM of you want it. It's not going anywhere so it's yours unless I hear otherwise.

Yes I shall take you up on that wonderful offer 😉

When you dig it out let me know and I will fire you some coinage.

Have you tried bypassing the vapour separator on the o/s inner wing   ? quite common for these to fill up with crud and divert most of the fuel back to the tank .  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm really pleeased to still see that this about and being enjoyed, i sometimes wish i made more of a effort sorting the carb after all the work i put into it.

Yup still being ran and it's done 3253 miles between mots, I willing to bet I've done the most since you recommissioned the auld gal.

I'm still not sure if it's for sale or not and if it is what price it is.

Sorry about that was on dad taxi duties last night.

Yes it's still for sale and I am now willing to listen to all offers bearing in mind she now has 12 mumps ticket.

Does it work properly now, or is the carb sill playing up?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Not wanting to jinx it but so far so good ;-) 

This was all set to head back down south but due to unforeseen circumstances is now still available,  

I think you'd get more interest in it if you set a price to be honest offers is just too vague for most folk to be bothered with.

The price has been set at £800 since the 13th may and i still own it.

I can't believe you are having trouble shifting this. It's OSF!!!

It looks a tidy old beast, it would be a shame if some nobsack 'yo drift' sort bought it, but I wouldn't blame you as if he's got £ in the hand then so be it.

To be honest £800 is cheap, a guy i know on Facebook just spent £2000 on a Sapphire CVH and thought he got a baragin and this is a better car, i think the truth is that it's too cheap so it's putting people off.

It owed me £800 by the time i was finished with it!

I'm not trying to be a knob I just didn't think it was too clear . 800 is a great price .

I never for one minute thought that you where being knobish just wanting clarification,

In my mind I know what I'm saying it's conveying those thoughts to writing so all can understand that's the hard part.

To be honest £800 is cheap, a guy i know on Facebook just spent £2000 on a Sapphire CVH and thought he got a baragin and this is a better car, i think the truth is that it's too cheap so it's putting people off.

It owed me £800 by the time i was finished with it!

I have stuck it on the tree of bums for 14 odd and had one offer of 8 already,

The price here is the exclusive price here as I'm a great believer in passing it on, I know what your saying about being to cheep and I tend to agree as I've encountered that before.

A bargain on here deserves to remain a bargain on here and long may it last.

Seven months to sell that's got to be a record surely,

After a deal was in the pipeline I had another serious buyer from here which I had to let down, sorry chap.

then yesterday and today I've had two chaps from Ireland and one wanted me to take a deposit over phone then fly over and collect it, two texts wanting to view and an hour ago another call about it,

How weird is that a quick flurry all at the same time.

Anyway good bye sierra I shall miss you.

post-3747-0-18919700-1479931922_thumb.jpg