First the VAG scandal, now Porsche's shagging in public

Tamworthbay

• Like 1

Someone in America (where else could it be?) is taking Porsche to court for not having enough safety features.

It's the daughter of the bloke from the Fast and Furious films who managed to kill himself and his freind by driving one too fast.  I hope it gets thrown out of court as the repecussions of her winning could be dreadful for the smaller sports car companies.

• Like 2

It's the daughter of the bloke from the Fast and Furious films who managed to kill himself and his freind by driving one too fast. I hope it gets thrown out of court as the repecussions of her winning could be dreadful for the smaller sports car companies.

She's claiming that the Porsche didn't have enough safety features to allow him to get out of the car once Walker's mate crashed

Quite how any car is going to remain in a decent shape after being put sideways into a lamp post at 90mph is beyond me,but in America anything is possible I guess......

• Like 1

Someone in America (where else could it be?) is taking Porsche to court for not having enough safety features.

Aye, Paul Walkers daughter so I hear. I mean it's not like the Carrera GT doesn't meet the safety regulations in every country it was sold in or anything. Porsche can't control what plonker turns the traction control off and drives like a dick on a public road so they must be hoping for an out of court settlement.

This litigation comes from the same country where they have to put "The Cruise Control fitted to his vehicle is NOT an Auto-Drive function" into the owners manual of Winnebago's after some cretin engaged cruise going down the freeway and promptly climbed into the back to get make a brew and then sued when the vehicle crashed ***

*** I obviously read this on the internet so it's probably bollocks

the Porsche that Paul Walker had 9 year old tyres on and was being driven at over double the speed limit. If the car was being driven at the speed limit and had been maintained properly then yeah, I'd probably sue but that's not the case and the family of the other guy who died have already tried suing Porsche and failed.

This is quite spooky - I suggested in the "VW upsets Feds" thread that people may sue because cars are designed to meet specific NCAP (or equivalent) crash test conditions and consequently "fail" in real life crashes eg hitting a lamp post at 90 mph.

This litigation comes from the same country where they have to put "The Cruise Control fitted to his vehicle is NOT an Auto-Drive function" into the owners manual of Winnebago's after some cretin engaged cruise going down the freeway and promptly climbed into the back to get make a brew and then sued when the vehicle crashed ***

I understand that they sued for a replacement vehicle and won.

I understand that they sued for a replacement vehicle and won.

Which one of the umptyseventh versions of this absolutely, honest to goodness true* not made up* story is the most believable?

Should either of you be interested in purchasing a bridge in Brooklyn, or a tower in Paris I would be glad to sell either to you.

BrooklynBridgeForSale.jpg

Which one of the umptyseventh versions of this absolutely, honest to goodness true* not made up* story is the most believable?

Should either of you be interested in purchasing a bridge in Brooklyn, or a tower in Paris I would be glad to sell either to you.

BrooklynBridgeForSale.jpg

can I sue if it hurts my finger when I move it?