Tartan58

Futureshite Rover Streetwise 4Sail...SOLD

SOLD - SOLID - SOLD - SLOWED

Ok To be honest I'm looking for a bit more than standard Autoshite prices at the moment but thought I'd post it up on the off chance...it's also on scumtree and has attracted it's fair share of wassocks.

It's a prime shite 2004 (54 plate) Streetwise 1.4 Olympic Special Edition which means it comes in a rather fetching metallic blue with some bangin' 17" alloys as standard and the 103bhp engine.

It has an MOT until Feb 2016 with no advisories on the last one and I gave it an oil, plugs and filters change around 2000 miles ago.

Drives really well and shows no signs of living up to the k series reputation.

Only done 65000 miles and I have a wad of old MOTs to back this up.

It's in pretty good nick, paintwork has a few age related scratches and alloys are a bit scuffed but looks mint from a few paces away!

Interior is GR9 except for a tear on the drivers bolster.

Can't really fault it to be honest, only reasons for getting rid are

1)It is only a 3 door (but I do think these look better but needs must)

2)It is a bit pricy on tax at £205 per year 

3)Need something more economical (was still getting 35+ MPG commuting in heavy traffic though and 45+ on a long run)

So here's the important bit...photos;

post-4455-0-37843000-1443186043_thumb.jpg

post-4455-0-53425400-1443186048_thumb.jpg

post-4455-0-28806000-1443186062_thumb.jpg

Oh and it's located in South Queensferry which is near Edinburgh.

Swaps etc. considered (just don't tell the wife)

And before the Roveroffle comments start coming, it may come to that

[Edit] meant to add it does have a small issue of the battery draining if left un-used for more than 4 days, not usually a problem so never bothered doing anything about it and it always starts up again on the first turn once given a boost

Has someone stolen your garage ?

Ha ha, yes it does look like that - looks like the parking court was designed for garages but they were never built.

Tempted to build myself one in the corner bay using the two walls already there but not sure who really owns the ground (it's not council) - house deeds say we have an allocated space in there but not which one!

There's 6 spaces in there and only 5 are used (two of them by me at the moment) - they're a bit of a mare to get in and out of with the steps and so on so folk just tend to clog up the road instead.

We have a driveway and garage attached to the house anyway so it's a bit of an odd situation.

So this little beauty is in for a fresh MOT today, can't see it needing anything so it's your gain!

If there's serious interest in a raffle I'd be looking for 59 tickets @ £11 each (but hold your horses for now)

I'm also finding myself looking on ebay for 160bhp kettles to swap in and turn it into an unlikely track car for a laugh (one small problem: I've never attempted an engine swap before - I cant help thinking it would probably be less hassle to buy a MGZR 160 and swap the streetwise bits onto it but that would be a bit pointless really.)

My bad, I had no idea it was going up to 59.

Shame this wasn't up last week as my brother was looking for one for his son. Bizarrely, a 17 year old wanted a rover 25.

GLWTS etc

Ok - a bit of bad news from the MOT centre. For a fresh MOT it will require front and rear offside brake pipes and a nearside front shock.

I have a pair of standard Rover 25 shocks which are a straight swap but will obviously lower it to standard ride height (rears just have spacers to be removed to match).

Never attempted brake pipes but doesn't sound too hard (will need to get the HBOL out and have a look) but I really can't be arsed as it's getting cold and dark in the evenings!

So....

Weekend Special Offer - £500 drive away as it is (with the replacement shocks in the boot)

PS Anyone know how I change the price in the thread title?

These foreigners coming over here and taking our shite....

So Saturday lunchtime had a reply to my gumtree ad that sounded slightly less like a scam than the others so I decided to take a risk and got in touch.

Come 4pm three Latvians turn up (yes I asked, being of Polish decent myself I feel I'm entitled to ask eastern Europeans awkward questions!) in a beat up corsa, kick the tyres, smoke a fag and hand over the asking price in cash.

Actually they seemed alright folk, spoke good english and gave me details for the V5 which seemed legit and their money tasted fine so I let them take the Streetwise away.

As the saying goes, Gumtree: it is sometimes what it used to not be...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By si1881
      Going to try this on here before the fun that is eBay or similar.

My mum has recently replaced her trusty old SportKa with a newer 500 and currently it’s just sat in the garage.

It’s only done 38k with I think mum being the third owner plus a very large file of bills. As you can see from the MOT history ‘a lot’ of miles have been done in the last few years....! Has the leather interior, an aftermarket Bluetooth kit, Air Con that works and four good tyres plus working remote key.

It has had some attention by a welder in the past but the filler area is solid and other than a few obvious bits on the sills and corners of the rear bumpers is in nice condition.

If anyone is interested please let me know. I’m back there later this week so can look at the paperwork or anything else on the car in more detail.

She’s looking for about £750-800.

Car is currently SORN and located in deepest Lincolnshire (near Spilsby).

• By Steve79
      Departarting from the norm, I'm being lazy and have actually managed to convince the seller to deliver to my house at no cost. It's only the other side of town but haven't got the time to collect today.

2 hour countdown starts at 9am
    • By Broadsword
      Hot on the heels of last week’s collectioneering of a Xantia, another collection starts here and now. Well it is probably a collection as long as the car is as described, but I am optimistic.

Clues. It’s enormous yet quite cramped. Never had one before and it could be considered blessed, saintly even!
    • By KruJoe
      It's the green one.
      If you're proper horny for it then PM me, but anyone with cash can buy a car any time. Meh.
      Would roffle, but CBA with the admin.

Therefore, funtime!

Another KruJoe-spec 99p start AUCTION...

(GBP (Pounds Sterling) bids only, no licked Twixes (John_F, I'm talking to you), bid increments 50 pence or more, that's up to you. Auction ends 24 hours after the last bid. Other T&C's may apply if I haven't thought of them yet.)

It's a risk, but I'll take it.
      I've thought of a number as a reserve, roughly bridge price plus today's £50 MOT fee, so above that, I'm happy. If it doesn't work, we'll re-think, but his is will be a cheap car for one of you lot.

Central, so close to everyone on mainland UK.

Collection: most days/times are possible, evenings are good. Relaxed timescale, storage is not a problem here. I can bring you to it from Skipton bus or rail station.
      The Car.
      My dependable daily for two FTP-free years. Ex-JohnK and Bramz. 
      1.4 Rti run-out model, lots of toys. 
      Cheap tax and cla$$ic policy friendly (£140pa, Carole Nash. A.Flux quoted similar).
      Tested until 31 May 2020, advised on two back tyres.
      Not yet 62,000 on the dial. Likely to be SORN'd before June. V5 here, with loads of history.
      New oil and filter last week.
      Good batt, exhaust, brakes etc. There are a few minor niggles, I've just lived with it. Character, innit.
      Squishy-comfort velour in fine fettle. (Almost) everything works.
      The bodywork scrubs up well but there's some bits of rust if you really go looking. It doesn't stop it being a respectable motor… until… last week one of my favourite brothers rubbed a tractor down the side, damaging two doors and the mirror.

All still work fine, and I still have the (undamaged) plastic strip from the door. I don't have the arsedness to try improving it cosmetically and I'm ready for a change of daily anyway. The worst would likely push out from inside. As would the small bit on the arch – it's single skinned there. Until that happened, nobody has ever turned their nose up at it, and it has attracted a lot of positive conversation. 

99p anyone?
    • By dollywobbler
      I have acquired a vehicle. This is when I was trying to fix it so I could drive home.

The car was offered FOC to the Rover 800 Owners' Club. They weren't really in a position to take it on directly, so it ended up being pointed my way. It's an 820 base model - SU carburettor-fed 2-litre O-Series! BAe was the first owner, for eight weeks, then it was sold to the father of the chap I bought it off, who sadly passed away last year.

It has covered 105k, has a fair bit of rust in a few places, but is pretty tidy and looks bloody fantastic. It has a few weeks of MOT, delicious dealer plates, unexpected lumbar adjustment and electric front windows. One piece of wood on the dash, none on the doors, manual tilt/slide sunroof, spoiler!

It had barely moved since July last year, but sadly, I got a whiff of hot brakes on the M55. I pulled onto the hard shoulder and the nearside rear wheel was smoking. I limped at 30mph down the hard shoulder to the next junction, which was not fun. I then limped gently back to the vendor, where I stripped the brake, used entirely the wrong grease (as it was all he had) to try and improve things, considered this a success and drove 180 miles home.

I seem to have mostly taken photos of the rear.

There is a petrol station shot, but you'll have to wait. I developed a horrible migraine on the way back and had to stop for a while. Most unlike me. 

Eventually made it back.

It's all a bit complicated, but the idea is I have it for a bit and at some point, it'll end up back with the club. I think the plan is to sell it to raise some funds for charity longer term, but sadly, it could also do with a set of calipers and tyres, so finances need to be reconsidered I think. The brakes are SHITE. It could be air from boiling brake fluid, so I'll see if a bleed helps, but I reckon all the calipers are buggered.