Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - A Grand Day Out Gromit.

Six-cylinder

I was not going to buy any more cars, how many times have you heard that, but I could not just ask about this one as it's a Citroen Visa GT. There are 4 GTs on Sorn and none taxed so when one, even as a bit of an unknown project came up it was no surprise that it had already been sold. I had a long chat with the owner who has other Visas and C15s including a pick up and left it that if the buyer failed to show he would call me.

Last night I got the call, I could have it if I want it. So in one natural swoop almost trance like I said yes and had paid 10 minutes later. What have I bought, I am not really sure and I am going to have to wait to find out as it is in Harrrogate and I need to collect it myself to keep the cost down. Problem is my friend who has a car trailer is away with his caravan for a month.

post-4787-0-53157800-1471932663_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-80415100-1471932676_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-99516600-1471932700_thumb.jpg

Mega rare!! I must admit I was aware of those full on body kitted visas (gti ?) but not the gt. Did they do a bit of stage 1 tuning to these?

Yes the Chrono, it was successful in rallying. The GT was 1360cc with 80 bhp and the Chrono 93 bhp.

Blimey. That's a rarity for sure. Wonder if it was sitting there when thousands of Citroens descended on Harrogate in 2012?

I guess it was as the seller has had it a number of years.

Did he say whereabouts in/around Harrogate?  I'm hoping it's going to be collected during a weekend as I'm only a bit down the road in Wetherby and might get a chance to see it!

WOOF WOOF at that Visa GT!  They only did them for a couple of years before they introduced the GTI, if I remember rightly?

For renting trailers, I've found Indespension very good if your friend doesn't work out.  Friendly and helpful people, quality kit in good condition, reasonably priced.  There's one in Northampton.

WOOF WOOF at that Visa GT!  They only did them for a couple of years before they introduced the GTI, if I remember rightly?

For renting trailers, I've found Indespension very good if your friend doesn't work out.  Friendly and helpful people, quality kit in good condition, reasonably priced.  There's one in Northampton.

Yes just a couple of years, the bit I like best is the wacky dash with a rev counter!

I am trying to save the trailer rental cost by waiting for my friend to return home.The good news is while he is away I can leave a car on his drive!

post-4787-0-48685900-1471957527_thumb.jpg

Did he say whereabouts in/around Harrogate?  I'm hoping it's going to be collected during a weekend as I'm only a bit down the road in Wetherby and might get a chance to see it!

I have paid for it but I don't have an address yet!

A BIG Handshake to you Six Cylinder I was watching this GT, but decided not to throw my driving gloves at this speedy Visa . If a car has got power I do tend to use it , so would probably be on one of those TV Police chase programmes with this HOT Visa in a shake of a yellow ticket. This Fri eve weekend taking the brothers Aplina back to Hudds & collecting old faithful Citroen which broke down last week up there . So Gently shall I Gooooooo.

post-20129-0-82895400-1471962791_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

clean lights make sure they work pump up tyres check fluids book mot drive home

exactly what i did :D

ps ooof

dirve up here with towbar indespension place in bolton hire one goharrygit drive home get train from mk

WIN AT FROG TAT

clean lights make sure they work pump up tyres check fluids book mot drive home

exactly what i did :D

ps ooof

dirve up here with towbar indespension place in bolton hire one goharrygit drive home get train from mk

WIN AT FROG TAT

This car has been off the road for a number of years so I am not comfortable with that.

I have had two Shipley quotes £237 and £238, so back to plan A and wait for my friend to return from holiday and borrow his trailer. I reckon the Xantia will get though about £80 in petrol so the difference is to big.

Mrs 6C tested the S2 Sovereign today by taking it to work up the M40 on the hottest day of the year so far. She reports it ran very well and showed no increase in temperature or temperament.

post-4787-0-16614600-1471985309_thumb.jpg

Last night I had to go to a friends house to water their garden and it was a beautifully warm dry evening so I selected the MX5, Mrs 6C came with me so after watering we went for a drive around the lanes of North Buckinghamshire to no particular place. As we were coming home I thought I will use this tomorrow, trouble is Mrs 6C had exactly the same thought.

Now there seemed no point in squabbling over one car when we have a fine section so I gave in gracefully and parked the MX5 for Mrs 6C to take to work today.

Now what should I take for a 2 hour appointment in Aylesbury, with a good car park, on a very hot day, I had narrowed it down to convertible or cold aircon when a unknown cyclist stopped to take pictures of our S2 Sovereign, a past XJS owner he looked around our drive and I told him my dilemma and he said 2CV.

I moved the Aircon Alfa 156 out of the way and took the 2CV with the first stage of the hood open. He was right it turned a dull drive to an occasion and I enjoyed my trip pausing in an unguarded field for a photo call!

post-4787-0-74901500-1472056722_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-18566800-1472056959_thumb.jpg

Best tip for driving with the roof half back is to fold the flappy bit back under the front bar before presstudding it down on the centre strap and roof bar. Stops it flapping up to about 55mph.

Best tip for driving with the roof half back is to fold the flappy bit back under the front bar before presstudding it down on the centre strap and roof bar. Stops it flapping up to about 55mph.

My hood is slitting Badly and needs replacing, I spoke to Matts Hoods at Register day and was disappointed that they were so far away because I do not fancy doing it myself. Since it has taken so long to sort out the brakes it went out of my mind until today.

post-4787-0-57785200-1472062212_thumb.jpg

My hood is slitting Badly and needs replacing, I spoke to Matts Hoods at Register day and was disappointed that they were so far away because I do not fancy doing it myself. Since it has taken so long to sort out the brakes it went out of my mind until today.

I'm happy to do it if you want to order one from Matt. Mines matts too.

Honestly though, there's nothing to it. Only possible sticky area is the boot hinge corners that may need some penetrating oil before hand. Also, best to leave it 24h before putting the roof self-tappers through the material. Can come up the 17th September etc if you want to order one.

I'm happy to do it if you want to order one from Matt. Mines matts too.

Honestly though, there's nothing to it. Only possible sticky area is the boot hinge corners that may need some penetrating oil before hand. Also, best to leave it 24h before putting the roof self-tappers through the material. Can come up the 17th September etc if you want to order one.

That's a great offer, thank you.

I have been looking for red with narrow white strips but can't find any I like. While doing that I noticed that 2CV shop is a lot cheaper than Matts for a plain red hood, do you know of any reason I should not buy a 2CV shop hood?