"Scene" twats.

barefoot

Look at this braindead idiot, borrowed from VZi (I have a VW, I have to visit)

Anyone able to define what mint actually sounds like.

icon1.gif My new custom exhaust
I say new, it's not but it looks it. I bought it from a mate who had it custom made for him,
it's fucking huge and sounds mint! I already love it!

image_zps22a9ef90.jpg

Apparently this is actually fitted to the engine and not just lobbed under the valance.

Anyone for any more?

Dick. Heads.   I am soooo sick of slammed beetles and fucked up Karmann Ghias.   Peashooter twin exhausts on a Beetle went the way of proper hubcaps and ivory plastic steering wheels and brain cells in Volkswagen owners.   It irks me that I have chosen a T25 as my camper van but  it is resolutely staying as it was built and I keep WELL  away from that scene bollocks.    Fed up with splitties  (what the hell are those safari windows all about? ) and ludicrous Bay windows owned by people  with painted wellies and purple hair.  I chose a VW because of its inherent qualities not because I am a crusty layabout, beanie hatted "scenie" or beatnik wannabee.   Rant  over....

Aint all bad though. One of my mates turned up an old Moto-Lita steering wheel that he'd had back in the 1970s on his Porsche 912. He was going to dispose of it, but I stuck it on eBay for him, and a DubVictim gave him over 400 notes for it, without even knowing if the boss was correct.

• Like 2

I think this 5 series really started the try it at home rusty look. I remember it had folk wanking themselves unconcious over it when it first appeared.

It's actually pretty tame compared to some of the ones the pineapple abusers have done.

3517969762_d1ebb15158_o.jpg

Everyone's favourite - look at this pouting, old-skool, bearded  manchild. He's cool, I want to be like him when I grow up. The car did itself a favour and set itself on fire for ultimate 'rrrRRaT LuUk'.

mike-burroughs-bmw-5-series.jpg

• Like 2

I think this 5 series really started the try it at home rusty look. I remember it had folk wanking themselves unconcious over it when it first appeared.

It's actually pretty tame compared to some of the ones the pineapple abusers have done.

3517969762_d1ebb15158_o.jpg

Reminds me of the story, The Emperor's New Clothes.

I personally do not give a fuck who does what to what.

Having enjoyed "scene" cars of various descriptions with varying levels of acceptance over the years, I'm probably precisely the kind of scene twat mentioned in the title.

Sorry to piss on everyone's chips, but Autoshite is just as much of a "scene" as the Caravan Club or Trampdrift.com. Just with different values. Differing values will always inspire hate.

Or as the Internet says, Haters Gonna Hate.

I'm sure others on other forums have a laugh of some of the shite we buy and post so why can't it be the other way. I like, they like cars but I can still laugh at them,

Course you can. Just like the old mock the young, and the young mock the old.

Doesn't make you right though.

I actually have a secret shame in that a few years ago I RAT L@@KED the bonnet of my E28. It didn't go down too well when I tried to sell it so rattle canned it black.

I'll see if I can dig out some pictures.

I personally do not give a fuck who does what to what.

Having enjoyed "scene" cars of various descriptions with varying levels of acceptance over the years, I'm probably precisely the kind of scene twat mentioned in the title.

Sorry to piss on everyone's chips, but Autoshite is just as much of a "scene" as the Caravan Club or Trampdrift.com. Just with different values. Differing values will always inspire hate.

Or as the Internet says, Haters Gonna Hate.

Yeah but....yeah but...yeah but...

I like to hate those stupid dubbers. It gives me great pleasure to hate them and to think I am a much superior form of life.

I also hate caravanners, but even moreso those rockabilly idiots at the US car meets and them dumbfucks on their Hardly Dangerous motorcycles, who are retarded enough to think they look cool.

Interestingly, all of the above is forgotten the moment we spend some quality time in the pub together.

I don't mid a bit of 'scene tax'. A car tastefully lowered properly can look nice. For instance I really appreciate the Polo 3 lowered (not chopped) with a nice set of wheels.

3862827326_a453f639c3.jpg

However I do have to say that mongy exhausts like the one pictured by the OP are pretty daft as are any mods that effectively personalise the car to such a point that its never going to be taken on by anyone else as the cost to turn it back to normal will probably outweigh the value of the car.

But ho hum, each to their own. Its always been the same but with a different craze for each generation.

• Like 3

I have to agree with h-imp that there are some nicely modified VW's out there. Some of the work done on beetles and van is really nice even if i'm not the biggest fans of the cars. In other cases it's some of the shittest.

Found a set of BBS centre caps in the scrappy. They had been stored in a Perodua, but someone must've taken them off wheels nearby and then collected them once the wheels had gone. I paid 10 quid for them and they go for 80 quid on ebay. WONGA!

• Like 2

I disagree that Autoshite is a 'scene', we don't focus on any particular make or style (OK, there are a few AR and Citroen fanbois in here, but they keep their perversions to themselves as a rule).

I find it hard to hate the kids with their scene dickhead chariots though, most of them just haven't grown up enough yet to realise that they can't just copy 'individuality'. And as mentioned above, some of the more discreet and tasteful modifications can look very nice.

(Anyone driving a car with those absurd splayed wheels fitted should be immediately gelded without anaesthetic, though).

there is a bit of scenery to be found on autoshite,usually to be found in making a shite car a bit shiter,but this usally involves not dressing welds after repair,ducktape seat covers.

the other side is getting a beige giffer mobile and adding vehicle watch stickers,walking stick on the parcel shelf,beaded seat covers etc "for the look"

• Like 3

I don't mind the various scenes as such, but it's the patently undriveable, dangerous shit that some of the major players* wheel out, and the amount of virtual cock-sucking that accompanies it, that tends to have an effect on the temperature of my piss.

I agree that AS is a scene in itself, but so what? 

H8RS GONNA H8.

• Like 3

The difference between the AS 'scene' (if such a thing exists at all - which I doubt) is that we just like to run and celebrate the slightly aged, the whiffy and the unloved, rather than actively encouraging modifications to cars which at best severely limits their resale appeal and their ability to function as cars, and at worst actively makes them dangerous and gives 'car enthusiasts' a bad name.

I've nothing against people modding cars as such, the first car magazine I bought regularly was Custom Car (not just for the titties, honest!) but some of the abortions you see really shouldn't be on the road. How would something like this react if the driver had to suddenly brake or swerve to avoid an obstacle on the road?

b6b8ddfc6ff3.jpg