Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Might be interested in that Yellow Crane if it's one you would consider selling? I've got a few 1:87 HO scale vehicles myself. I only had a couple of cars a few years back then went a bit crazy on buying Herpa, Busch and Wiking.

Was wanting to build a Diorama for them but it's waiting on space, time and more cash!

Cool, you have first dibs on that.

Another Norev arrived today. This is my birthday present to myself as I'm 41 this week. And yes, I actually bought this off a French chap on leboncoin. The first time I've ever done a transaction there. It has a swirly interior!

Doesn't seem entirely important after the news about Dave - but I thought, well it is from France, and he also did like to muse on the difficulties of buying things in France!

Simca 1501.

post-20084-0-99860900-1532969014_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-11789400-1532969033_thumb.jpg

Another Norev arrived today. This is my birthday present to myself as I'm 41 this week. And yes, I actually bought this off a French chap on leboncoin. The first time I've ever done a transaction there. It has a swirly interior!

Doesn't seem entirely important after the news about Dave - but I thought, well it is from France, and he also did like to muse on the difficulties of buying things in France!

Simca 1501.

attachicon.gifDSCF9293.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF9291.JPG

You are already hooked on.

Watch your funds dwindling rapidly in the near future, while twisted French plastic is increasingly cluttering your home.

Normally I wouldn't buy a boxed example just because of the effect it tends to have on the prices but this didn't seem expensive compared to some of the chap's other stock. Oddly enough he had a Dinky version (boxed) for the same price but annoyingly I didn't see it until I'd paid and was on the way out.

Anybody in the Northampton/Towcester area wanting a warped (and cracked) piece of Frogshite?    Brackley Antique Cellar (underneath Waitrose) has one of those Vedette ones in yellow for £7.     Was tempted, but couldn't be arsed to wait for cabinet key.

Watch your funds dwindling rapidly in the near future, while twisted French plastic is increasingly cluttering your home.

I could see this being a problem. Only the daft postage is stopping me having a nibble on this one!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOREV-ANCIEN-MORRIS-1100-N-83/253774400452

s-l1600.jpg

I been thinking about why I like them, and I've never seen the French mindset so well represented in a single object.

They have a fatal flaw in their very specific production process, but this makes them more appealing, they are fragile and need special care but have a particular finesse and style. 

They couldn't be more different in execution then the solid British Lesneys of the similar era.

I first encountered them whilst holidaying in Holland in the 1960s.   The first few I bought were French models - AMI6, Traction, R4 because I liked the detail of the seperate number plates in proper French departements.    The slight* fragility and long suspension travel really seemed to suit the subjects.   Unfortunately the Traction had opening panels which disappointingly refused to shut correctly after a few weeks but I still have the AMI.     

It also amused me that the 1/43 range had flimsy clear plastic packaging whereas the 1/86 stuff came in stout little clear re-usable boxes.    

I also got given a couple of Lion-Car DAFs whilst in Holland and these were equally crude compared to Dinky/Corgi/Lesney stuff of the era.   

They were actually the nicest things Lledo made, especially that Railton Mobil Special, should have munched some Kelloggs myself.... 

Did somebody mention EKO.......?

post-5367-0-61026900-1533071591_thumb.jpg 

As in so many cases, I didn't actually set out to collect any of these.   Finding out they made a Zephyr 4 whilst I was collecting Mk III Fords, I had to buy a dozen or so at a boot sale to secure the red Zephyr 4.   Despite their being plastic, they seem to have magnetically attracted several more.....

Quick query - is anyone on these hallowed pages engaged in some Ebay bidding for Bramz7's rather delectable Minichamps Citroen CX Break?

Minichamps Citroen CX Break.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283071369672?_trksid=p2471758.m4703

I've decided I do quite fancy it after all and have sold on a couple of other models to help finance the purchase - but don't want to start a bidding war with any of the fine folks on here! If you've already got a bid on, I'll back off.

PM is fine if anyone would sooner not go public.

Bidding is creeping up anyway with less than an hour to go, so it could soon be out of my price range anyway.

Always that tension of hoping to obtain a model for a good price, while simultaneously hoping Bramz7 gets a corking great sum for it to help dry his silvery tears...

Daaah, I should have been less hesitant when it was first offered! I've a growing feeling that and snoozed and I losed.

Phew. That's it. I'm keeping the Herpa Range Rover, the Wiking VW 411 & Eko Opel Kadett.

To explain, I spent £13 in total on these models.

Any money up to £13 (ex postage) I will keep. Any profit will be donated back to the Forum. However after a couple of weeks I will do some personal ebay listings for the models I don't want to keep and no-one here wants.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:49 AM, Datsuncog said:

Quick query - is anyone on these hallowed pages engaged in some Ebay bidding for Bramz7's rather delectable Minichamps Citroen CX Break?

attachicon.gifMinichamps Citroen CX Break.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283071369672?_trksid=p2471758.m4703

I've decided I do quite fancy it after all and have sold on a couple of other models to help finance the purchase - but don't want to start a bidding war with any of the fine folks on here! If you've already got a bid on, I'll back off.

Okay then, I'm taking the view that silence denotes consent...

Two minutes left.

I'm goin' in, kids.

post-17915-0-32207400-1533119469_thumb.png