HillmanImp

I wondder if people look at mike and think I say "ooooh Betty" a lot rather than being a lardy northern basket with a Chorley accent.

I read that as 'lady northern basket, i.e. you were a female.

I thought you were going to do a FredTransit on us ;)

When reading someones post do you read it in the style of their avatar. 'I ornley arsked' because whilst i don't do it it with everyone i read posts by Mr H Sceptre i do read it in the style of Bernard Bresslaw.

'Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!'

I do it with emails, if I know the person's voice. I mentioned this at work and my colleague looked at me like I was mental.

I also do this.

Guest Tony Hayers

i dont look like a scirocco

I was thinking the same thing, how would a MK1 Sierra sound?! :lol:

The Bill Cosby scrappage scheme is totally odd though

Not as odd as the Mike Brewer one. Every time I saw it I thought "Oh shit, not only is he on the telly but now he is on my monitor also FFS"

Christ knows what people think of my posts, I can only think the avatar adds to the "unhinged" feel

Every time I see it I can hear a Hyundai Sonata (1990 vintage) impatiently beeping away for the fare outside my house with that chap hanging out of the window.

Whenever I see Negative Creeps Spitfire I hum the theme from 633 Squadron. Yeah, I know, that was Mosquitos but the Elgar piece from "The Battle of Britain" is a bit too complicated.And yes Father Ted, I do think "Ooooh Betty" when I see your Avatar!

Interesting concept nonetheless.

I do not envisage Seth as Jones the Steam. However I will probably always wonder why Jones the Steam isn't Seth. If you see what I mean.

And I now cannot separate RegieRitmo and Fr.Dougal. They are one and the same in my book.

As for mine, if you would prefer me to wheel out either Albert Steptoe (You know what son...? I'm older than you are...), or the legendary Mr Trebus again, please just ask!

I have also conteplated adding "catweazle" as my old-git-of-choice, but he looks too much like my wizened old father and it scares me.... it's like looking into the future.

And yes Father Ted, I do think "Ooooh Betty" when I see your Avatar!

Well, Che-Frank got chosen after I set myself on fire, after the motorbike accident ( that left me with a still very painful and non functioning left wrist - actually i couldnt be gat because whilst I can put the right hand on hip ( where's me lino?) i cant do the limp wristed thing with the left one, so I iook a bit like an effeminate Hitler) Anywy I digress ( Ima member of the local Digressers Anon group where once a week we meet up in the pub and go "hello, my name is Marty and Im a digresser" then we al get pissed) Anyway, i chose Fran after the wife said that being married to me was like being married to Frank Spencer, so it kind of stuck.

Previous Avatars have been:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image