Quantum Kit Cars Club outing at Curborough

sofarsogood

As per news thread and title. I nipped out to this as a spur of the moment thing. I was not driving myself but had a couple of passenger laps. Here are hopefully some attached images. I actually quite like Quantums.

post-19522-0-38228500-1509298303_thumb.jpgpost-19522-0-65734600-1509298473_thumb.jpg

Other marques were welcome. I don't think its a big club and they need to keep the numbers up to make it viable. very friendly bunch though.

post-19522-0-82403400-1509298494_thumb.jpgpost-19522-0-25287000-1509298591_thumb.jpg

post-19522-0-62034700-1509298620_thumb.jpgpost-19522-0-88492200-1509298693_thumb.jpg

That is a real Ferrari of some type. Not something cobbled out of a Fiesta. post-19522-0-01360200-1509298727_thumb.jpg

I will do a few more after tea. I actually got some better shots when I went last year for the day I can dig them out for all the plastic bodied Fiesta fans.

That is a real Ferrari of some type. Not something cobbled out of a Fiesta.

It's a 360 Modena

I thought you meant the Lotus Excel at first, because red wedge.

• Like 1

Someone round here had a baby blue Quantum, last seen on the back of a recovery wagon somewhat beaten up and covered in mud. That was quite a sad sight. Good cars apparently, probably a bit ahead of the curve in being single donor, and properly designed.

The 106 Rallye is a tasty looking wee thing too!

Guest Lord Sward

My missus lived on the road where Quantums were made.  I liked that when I first started seeing her.

• Like 3

The red MX5 reminds me of my first Eunos - esp the paint condition! 

That's actually a mates and is solid as a rock underneath. He reckons he will restore one day.

It's a 360 Modena

I thought you meant the Lotus Excel at first, because red wedge.

The red Quantum at the back was pretty rapid. Lost count of how may times he spun it though!

What happened to quantum cars then? I remember they were pretty decent for a kit car. Did they sell the project on to some wannabe Colin Chapman/ Nikolai Smolensky character?

Didn't they make a mk3 Fiesta based kit that had a drop down rear window section & the main roof clip in using bits from the mk3 Fiesta sunroof mech?

Maybe its just me being useless, but Curborough is decidedly difficult.  I've done it twice.  And lost it lots.

I wonder how much it costs to hire it? I love the idea of an Autoshite track day, and Curborough would be ideal (it being tight and twisty, so you don't need masses of power to have fun, and notably short of facilities and glamour).

Didn't they make a mk3 Fiesta based kit that had a drop down rear window section & the main roof clip in using bits from the mk3 Fiesta sunroof mech?

That's the H4, clever idea but with a reputation for rust, allegedly.

It was said (not by me) that the owners club bought a decent one with the intention that one day it might be sole survivor.

Guest Lord Sward

I wonder how much it costs to hire it? I love the idea of an Autoshite track day, and Curborough would be ideal (it being tight and twisty, so you don't need masses of power to have fun, and notably short of facilities and glamour).

We hired it several times under the auspices of X-Power forums way before Rev Steve Childs bought it and ruined it.  Twice when I was there the chassis boys from the factory showed up to test/show off their latest kit.  It was a good, cheap day out, but we imposed lots of rules on ourselves for safety; only one car on track at a time, if you lose it, you sweep up, no timings and when you come off you use the surplus car park to cool down before returning to the rest of the crowd, taking turns at being marshals, etc.  We never had any near misses and always a terrific time. 

Its about £700. The guy with the Mazda hired it out for his 30th last year. I was thinking the same thing I discussed it with the chap that does the Cannock auction games paperwork whose name escapes me. He had a Puma (car).

I would be up for it but sadly did not have the time to organise it. I can PM you the owners mobile number if you want. I would expect I could get the owner of the Nova and MX5 to turn up as well.

Autoshite Midlands Track day your Camac's are our concern?

I was thinking the same thing I discussed it with the chap that does the Cannock auction games paperwork whose name escapes me. He had a Puma (car).

Sounds like you are referring to Sloth in a Bowl (Julian)

• 1 month later...

So messaged them on facebook and they have asked me to email them for extra details but might still be able to sort this out for next year if anyone fancies it. 

• Like 1