mk1_4dr

7 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Wasat?

It surprised me:

image.png.ed8a9f2ac2f99a0349cc60f5fa3f4b98.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

spacer.png

Being Autoshite's official token Yank, I was curious as to what Yankee Land was.  Turns out it's a burger restaurant.  It's still in business, although they've moved round the corner to Prospect Street.  This is Paragon Street, which I found on Google Maps.

Interesting to see the old Yankee Land and the Bacchus Bar next door are now a Domino's Pizza.  Stone House Pub is now Paragon Square Burgers, Cafe M now occupies the shopfront beneath the To Let sign, Chambers has been replaced by a barber shop, and next door is Chicken George fried chicken.  Portland Hotel down the street is permanently closed and appears to be derelict.

E36 BMW 3 Series on the left indicates this photo was taken sometime in the early 1990s.  Interesting to see the contrast between then and now!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, martc said:

There is/was a Yankee Land in Hull. Well known for it's cheap burgers of indeterminate origin.

All burgers are of indeterminate origin. Same as sausages . 

john-porter-thatcher-trade-thatched-roof-1949-21571224.jpg.webp.1d452ab767dce78656d4dd0ddd47607c.webp

John Porter, a thatcher by trade, has made a roof for his 1949 Allard which he bought for £20 in 1962