1987 Ford Sierra Sapphire 1.8L - Interior is now complete…. - see page 46

Peter C

Thank you @mk2_craig for posting the rear door ashtray to me, payment sent.

1.jpg.afee5813a7a642e0294f16d83a73614b.jpg

2.jpg.e9f4b803f96330fcf88a87c0b7146acb.jpg

I just need the rear tail light and the jigsaw will be complete.

I left the Sierra idle in the garage for about 10 days. When I went away back in August, I left it for over two weeks and the engine started first time. Not this time. I think the float chamber emptied itself and the engine needed a fair bit of cranking before the Pinto would start. However, once it started, the engine ran lovely.

I am thinking about taking the Sierra on a run down to Basingstoke tomorrow but the weather forecast is a bit iffy. 

• Like 6

• Peter C changed the title to 1987 Ford Sierra Sapphire 1.8L - Interior is now complete…. - see page 46
2 minutes ago, Peter C said:

I just need the rear tail light and the jigsaw will be complete.

Right the entire Autoshite community needs to help find this rear light. 

One day I hope to see this fine car.  Funny to think, I didn't like Smartie blue at the time but now I think it looks great. 

8 minutes ago, Peter C said:

Thank you @mk2_craig 

You’re welcome @Peter C .  I can afford to pay off my mortgage now!

I’m asking around locally re rear lamp clusters but so far no leads. Might enquire at the Ford dealer but will be prepared to duck when they throw the parts book at me. 

I'll take a look in France - can't guarantee anything. But I will have a look round. Time-line may be long but I'm sure a spare won't go amiss. 

Ford fandom and subsequent high prices does not seem to have reached France but I may be out of touch.

1 hour ago, Wibble said:

This place list lights for hatchback and notchback. Do you have the part number to compare?IMG_4900.png.55e6a52fcd21f70f6ed73dcd92f2e159.png

I scrolled back to page 18 and found my conversation with @egg

The part number of my lens is 6157282, which is the same as the 105 Euro reproduction part in the photo. I assume that cost includes p&p to the UK.

28 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

I'll take a look in France - can't guarantee anything. But I will have a look round. Time-line may be long but I'm sure a spare won't go amiss. 

Ford fandom and subsequent high prices does not seem to have reached France but I may be out of touch.

I've just come back from the south of France. It's all Peugeots, Citroens, Renaults and Dacias down there, very few Fords, especially old ones.

37 minutes ago, Peter C said:

I scrolled back to page 18 and found my conversation with @egg

The part number of my lens is 6157282, which is the same as the 105 Euro reproduction part in the photo. I assume that cost includes p&p to the UK.

P&P is extra although it’s now coming up less for the light!

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Wibble said:

P&P is extra although it’s now coming up less for the light!

I can't read German, what's the total now, inc p&p?

8 minutes ago, Peter C said:

I can't read German, what's the total now, inc p&p?

£96.03 but still plus shipping which just says will be added when checking out. You can select current at top right to GBP and it changes everything to English