toyota calica 2000st - work started

aled

sorry for not getting back to you station, i have had a lot to think about regarding the car, i have decided to carry on with the car after all and been working on it. i have fitted the wheels that i bought for my datsun to the car but would like a set of standard alloys to go on the car.the rally car that is shown in that photo is ari vatenen's celica that is owned by a man in kent that i am in touch with regarding trim for my car, when i go and get the parts i will get some photos and post them up on here.the roof repairs are now done on my celica and i will update with photos soon

i have fitted the wheels that i bought for my datsun to the car but would like a set of standard alloys to go on the car.

Good to hear you're back on track with it Aled. I was in Newport last week so could have brought the RA61 wheels. Never mind. I'm probably going to be visiting my brother in Bristol over the next few weeks (dates not confirmed) so could bring them that far if you're interested in meeting up.

the rally car that is shown in that photo is ari vatenen's celica that is owned by a man in kent that i am in touch with

Would that be Steve Mann ?? He came up in conversation this week with the Toyota Enthusiast Club magazine editor regarding '80's rally Toyotas. The guy in Newport I picked the head up from had just bought an ex-rally Toyota Sprinter (TE71) and I was trying to get some history on that for him. If you thought you had some rust issues on yours, you should see the A-pillars on this car :shock::shock: Regards, Ian.

Would that be Steve Mann ??

no the chap's name is russell, don't know his surname.

so here is a quick update, i had some time on saturday morning and tackled the roof section that was rotten, here are the photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and this is how the rear window corners have turned out after painting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats all for now it's the bulkhead next :shock:

Crikey for once I seem to be in the middle of all the action (geographically) then again, it is the first time I've worked in the UK for 15 years :wink:

Crikey for once I seem to be in the middle of all the action (geographically) then again, it is the first time I've worked in the UK for 15 years :wink:

when did Stow become the centre of anything :shock::lol:

when did Stow become the centre of anything :shock::lol:
Haha :D No - literally I mean - I'm in South Wales (Newport) :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

been a bit hectic with work as of late and the celica has taken a bit of a back seat, so today at 8am i hit back and got stuck in, got the screen re-fitted and started re assembling, still got the two front lower corners and the 2 rear lower corners to cut out and re -weld in new steel.

so this is how it looks at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Al,got any more done to the Celica? (probably not because you are busy converting imp steering arms to run fiesta track rod ends for me :roll: sorry to hold you up with the Celica mate,much appreciated though. :wink: )

no probs gurn, i left the bonnet on the latch - needa s a bit of adjustment as the bonnet has been off to weld the bulkhead.

after repairing the rear arch i have sprayed the back wing and the rear window surround with an air- arsehole can untill i get around to dooing the whole car in twopack, here are a few photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i have taken the back bumper off and there a a few repairs to be done to the rear panel :?

All credit to you, It's looking great!

I had custody of a brown liftback one. NZ New.

Do you hoare your welding skills for monez?

All credit to you, It's looking great!

I had custody of a brown liftback one. NZ New.

Do you hoare your welding skills for monez?

yes i do, but have fallen behind a bit i have two other cars of my own to do,i also have a sunbeam stiletto from gloucestershire,and a hillman californian race car also from gloucestershire to do some welding. if you are near tho and it is not an overnight stay for the car it may be poss. :?

o and i forgot my daughter's boyfriend's car needs painting :?:?

• 2 weeks later...