Car theft in 2022

sierraman

From a professional experienced view. . . OCG using technology to remote open and start vehicles avoiding anpr to strip for parts or export.    

Use pedal locks much more difficult to remove than steering locks and try an anti grabbing key bag 

Neither of our cars is keyless, so are comparatively secure. Helps living in an area where people are too busy drinking cocoa and Horlicks to commit crime. 

The new Hyundai coming soon is keyless, so will have to test the range and maybe buy an RFID blocking pouch for it if the key hooks are too close, not that I'm that bothered about an electric appliance that has insurance.

On 10/10/2022 at 4:30 AM, Rod/b said:

Is it still set to 1111?

No. But it's suddenly doing its job extremely well and the car isn't starting now. French electrics and all that.

• Haha 3

On 27/09/2022 at 21:46, MikeR said:

in some ways I am glad we have a C1 , std key lock and starter , cat is up by the engine , tyres are shite as is the radio , so common its not worth pinching for parts ?

its hopefully a park anywhere car ...

Perhaps not .......Screenshot_20221011-120502-914.thumb.jpg.0dc8d1ac9a5b4caa8228d772408ab60c.jpg

1 minute ago, MikeR said:

Perhaps not .......Screenshot_20221011-120502-914.thumb.jpg.0dc8d1ac9a5b4caa8228d772408ab60c.jpg

What I want to know is how these cunts manage to strip a car so effectively in such a short space of time. They can steal the front end off a car in 20 minutes, meanwhile it takes me all morning to remove a single panel because none of the fucking fasteners will come out.

On 10/7/2022 at 9:00 AM, Rustybullethole said:

Quite a lot of handy info for car snatchers in this thread. Just saying. 

Compared to what is available on the internet "at large", there is 2/10ths of sod-all actual information on this thread.

32 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Compared to what is available on the internet "at large", there is 2/10ths of sod-all actual information on this thread.

People learn a lot of these things in prison, you could almost call prison the school of crime if you like as you would be locked up with people that fucked up and got caught and will be only too happy to pass on why. A minority are in once and back out, many more are in and out constantly. 

From reading this I’d still be no clearer as to how to obtain a radar type device to get in a car or how these people go about it. I’ll stick to work if it’s the same, it’s hard and not as well paid but I don’t fancy a sabbatical in Strangeways. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Soundwave said:

What I want to know is how these cunts manage to strip a car so effectively in such a short space of time. They can steal the front end off a car in 20 minutes, meanwhile it takes me all morning to remove a single panel because none of the fucking fasteners will come out.

One good pull will have the whole bumper etc off an Aygo as it's just held on by a few clips which are designed to break in the case of anything vaguely resembling an impact with a pedestrian.  Once it's a few years old half of them are probably already broken anyway.

You don't need to remove the bolts from the lower cross member as in my experience they'll mostly just snap once presented with a wrench.

It does really take about 10-20 minutes to get it stripped down that far with hand tools alone.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:55 PM, sierraman said:

People learn a lot of these things in prison, you could almost call prison the school of crime if you like as you would be locked up with people that fucked up and got caught and will be only too happy to pass on why. A minority are in once and back out, many more are in and out constantly. 

From reading this I’d still be no clearer as to how to obtain a radar type device to get in a car or how these people go about it. I’ll stick to work if it’s the same, it’s hard and not as well paid but I don’t fancy a sabbatical in Strangeways. 

Indeed. In fact I'm mystified where the attraction lies in doing a stretch whatever the financial rewards.

On 11/10/2022 at 18:31, Zelandeth said:

One good pull will have the whole bumper etc off an Aygo as it's just held on by a few clips which are designed to break in the case of anything vaguely resembling an impact with a pedestrian.  Once it's a few years old half of them are probably already broken anyway.

You don't need to remove the bolts from the lower cross member as in my experience they'll mostly just snap once presented with a wrench.

It does really take about 10-20 minutes to get it stripped down that far with hand tools alone.

can I   " quote you"    when I need to take the bumper off the C1

as in

for fuks sake ,  Z said it just pulls off !!

2 hours later

for fuks fuks fuks sake ,  Z did say  it just pulls off !!

2 minutes ago, MikeR said:

can I   " quote you"    when I need to take the bumper off the C1

as in

for fuks sake ,  Z said it just pulls off !!

2 hours later

for fuks fuks fuks sake ,  Z did say  it just pulls off !!

I had the front bumper off mine three times.  Once to replace the knackered AC condenser, once to replace the leaking radiator found when changing the condenser, then a third time to replace all the broken clips I found when I took it off the first time.

That was on a Pug 107, but I can't see them being much different.  I seem to recall the rearmost clips taking me a couple of minutes to figure out, but it wasn't hard.  If you didn't care about breaking stuff it would take seconds.