Cars of Crackers (contains a modern. Sorry.)

Crackers

21 hours ago, Crackers said:

I am putting the P6 up for sale.

I've got my eyes on a very different car but 3 cars is unworkable and the P6 would need to go in order to fund it.

An ad is currently under approval on C&C, I'm not putting it on ebay quite yet.

It's really hard to value as there aren't many for sale at the moment, as ever there is a massive price range on the few that are for sale.

Anyone here interested at £7500?

233882022_IMG_20210605_185759(1).thumb.jpg.83a361dcf4fb845ec8355ed77bfaa4dd.jpg

awwww really sad to see this go! it really is such an awesome machine! 

and you still owe me a video of it being nailed! LOL

On 06/04/2021 at 22:08, Crackers said:

A mate sent me this, from last week's chippy run.

She does sound tasty, even if say so myself.

On 07/04/2021 at 14:30, LightBulbFun said:

very awesome! :) 

although I I will admit I was hoping at the end of the clip when you where behind the camera that you would drop it a couple gears and give it a boot full and shoot past :) 

On 07/04/2021 at 16:10, Crackers said:

She's not quite ready for being given "full beans" yet. The time will come, I assure you 

however all done and said, I look forward to seeing what its replacement is, hopefully something similarly awesome or out there! :) 

and would be awesome if this could stay on the forum somehow!

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

look forward to seeing what its replacement is, hopefully something similarly awesome or out there! :) 

If it sells, the replacement won't turn up for a while as I have a few life things in the way that make it really impractical to buy another car in the short term. 

It won't be anywhere near as cool as this, mind, but much more useable day-to-day. 

• Like 1

Car and Classic ad went live yesterday  afternoon (14th). At 06:52 this morning (15th) I had a message from a guy registering interest... a phone call to him this evening and by 7:30pm we've agreed a price and he's sending a deposit as I type this.

Looks like it's bye-bye Rover, much quicker than I expected. Keeping up my record of selling cars in record time!

• Like 10

1 minute ago, High Jetter said:

Hope it goes through smoothly, it can happen sometimes!

I hope so too - the guy was offering a deposit before I even had the chance to ask for one, and I'm sure he wouldn't be parting with that chunk of cash if he wasn't serious about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crackers changed the title to Cars of Crackers

Well, it's had a wash, will give it a polish at some point too. 

Damn, I'm really gonna miss this car. 

20230528_120408.thumb.jpg.c9569be02139324b309a8f8f67b5ef27.jpg

Bit more of the 3.5 symphony.

On 13/05/2023 at 16:59, LightBulbFun said:

although I I will admit I was hoping at the end of the clip when you where behind the camera that you would drop it a couple gears and give it a boot full and shoot past

I knew I couldn't sell the car without fulfilling this one.

I hope you enjoy.

A few drive-bys from earlier today and a little from inside when I brought it home on Saturday.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I knew I couldn't sell the car without fulfilling this one.

I hope you enjoy.

A few drive-bys from earlier today and a little from inside when I brought it home on Saturday.

Awesome! thanks for the compilation no better a way to say good bye to a V8 :) 

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Sad to see this one leave the forum as it is one of my favorites cars here.

Me too, I am gutted that it's going. I don't think this will be the end of my P6 story and I could see myself getting another when I can store more than 1 car at home. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And there it goes. Back down to 1 car for the first time in just over 2 years.

Sad to see it go, but happy with the deal we struck and it looks like it's going to a good home.

20230609_134536.thumb.jpg.b72fb7285b40e096f2ac99a255fbf439.jpg

I'll do a little "ownership review/farewell P6" post at some point when I can be bothered to. 

7 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Glad you had fun with it. What are you going to acquire next? :)

Nothing for a couple of years (if I can restrain myself)... then a house. Hopefully. With a driveway. Then more shite.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Nothing for a couple of years (if I can restrain myself)... then a house. Hopefully. With a driveway. Then more shite.

Tip from a local. Move to Bognor. Place we've bought is about £50-80k cheaper than the equivalent in Chichester.

/<derail>

20230608_162914.thumb.jpg.00671325a55d24a2afc512e66f522b5f.jpg

Looks brilliant when it's clean. Got some compliments last night, these are still great looking cars after all these years.

Course it's getting rained on at the moment so there'll be lots of lovely dribbly pollen streaks all over it in the morning.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Touchdown in Munich. I'm in Bavaria (Landshut) for the next 5 weeks and will attempt to post any Autoscheisse I spot. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Good start, my pre-booked airport taxi isn't here. 

Fun!

PM me if you get really stuck, I’m travelling past Gatwick leaving Chi at about half 12. Will have a smelly dog in the car though. This is assuming you’re not going to Heathrow!

2 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

PM me if you get really stuck, I’m travelling past Gatwick leaving Chi at about half 12. Will have a smelly dog in the car though. This is assuming you’re not going to Heathrow!

This was at the Munich end. All sorted now though. Cheers for the offer though!! 

• Like 2

The buses here say Hello, apparently. 

A little passive aggressive when they drive past you heading back to depot after you've missed the last bus back*

20230702_190042.thumb.jpg.fccf0c0e656773cc684b13418863f532.jpg

*alledgedly

• Like 1

Not many Saabs seen over the last two weeks, but a lovely 900 I spotted in Altdorf tonight:

20230708_210908.thumb.jpg.b5847b3907d8e6ed57b857e2a8c91756.jpg

Plenty of 90s Merc - mainly W124, C124 and a few W140s pottering about and lots of late Audi 80s/100s too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

That green car? Mazda 323F

Ah, gotcha, ta. Seen plenty of them as the 2-door, but a hatch has evaded me until today.