Yorkshire Meet - Oil Can Cafe - 16th June

mk1_4dr

Interested in a Classic/Retro/Old motor meet in Yorkshire?

I've been organising (I use the term in the loosest possible sense :P) a Yorkshire meet for a few years now. It has moved venues a couple of times and sort of drizzled out to nothing, so after a somewhat quiet summer last year, I think it's about time we got something going again at the newly opened Oil Can Cafe near Holmfirth.

The address is...

Dobroyd Mills,

Butt Lane,

Hepworth,

Huddersfield,

HD9 1AF

Its not the easiest place to find for the first time, so here is a little map for you all...

Posted Image

and a streetmap view of the entrance for you too...

Posted Image

And the date I thinking of was...SUNDAY 16th JUNE @ NOON...and the 3RD Sunday of every month from then on.

How does everyone feel about that?

I was thinking of doing a VOC meet at Star City. Then I decided against that in favour of doing a big poo whilst reading old copies of CAR.I might be able to get down Dave, then again it's my mate's 30th on the Saturday so I might be nursing an epic hangover and pigs in blanket poisoning.

Wat - In the hope of seeing the Volvo coming over the brow of the hill, I'll keep my chubby digits crossed and change for a brew in my pocket.

CIH - Im sure you'll get down at some point :wink:

Tonka - you're most welcome, whatever your piloting. This time last year I attended in a povo-spec R plate 1800 Vectra....

VWP - Ill save you a space if you fancy the trip up.... I'd even push the boat out and stump up for a full english for you :wink:

Fred - It depends what you call south. We're south of Leeds, waaaay south of Scotland, what more do you want :P

Anglevan - Ooo what you bought? Why not have a first blast and christen it with its (and your) first Yorkshire meet? Or maybe see you next time.

Mr L - I look forward to it, I'll try and keep everyone up to date for next year :wink:

Wat - In the hope of seeing the Volvo coming over the brow of the hill, I'll keep my chubby digits crossed and change for a brew in my pocket.

CIH - Im sure you'll get down at some point :wink:

Tonka - you're most welcome, whatever your piloting. This time last year I attended in a povo-spec R plate 1800 Vectra....

VWP - Ill save you a space if you fancy the trip up.... I'd even push the boat out and stump up for a full english for you :wink:

Fred - It depends what you call south. We're south of Leeds, waaaay south of Scotland, what more do you want :P

Anglevan - Ooo what you bought? Why not have a first blast and christen it with its (and your) first Yorkshire meet? Or maybe see you next time.

Mr L - I look forward to it, I'll try and keep everyone up to date for next year :wink:

now breath :lol:

[quoteAnglevan - Ooo what you bought? Why not have a first blast and christen it with its (and your) first Yorkshire meet? Or maybe see you next time.

I've bought another S12 Silvia :roll: but this one is a little bit better than the last one - sadly no MOT so cant use it Sunday, Next year though you'll see me in it LOL

If it wasn't for picking that up I could have given the Lancer a run :-)

Well I'm from Sheffield but live in West London now....

I don't see Aberdeen as being that far away really.. was seeing a girl from there for a bit this year and it was just about an hour and a half's drive.never saw any decent shite up that way though, despite both my old herald and the capri I just sold having gone there

Londoners always refuse to go anywhere outside the M25 :lol:

Or even sarf of the rivah!Even Fife is a good bit south of here.
Erm did I not mention I moved 200 miles? I do go to the Yat and Billing, but you have to admit anything over 100 miles is a bit much for a few hours....

A pleasent couple of hours stood in an unfeasably cold carpark was the order of the day, today.

A little quiet, but a good laugh none the less. Heres my pathetic smattering of pics :oops:

Firstly, a car you don't want to run into.

Posted Image

The group, and unfortunately my only snap of the tonka Stagea

Posted Image

Matts last meet under N/A power?

Posted Image

And my shed, thats going in for new metal tomorrow

Posted Image8)

I couldn't get there because of the MASSIVE tailback of traffic on the M60 near the Trafford Centre.I never did find out what caused it actually. The Amazon cut out three times, and managed to use a quarter of a tank chugging through the 1.3 mile jam.I got off at Eccles and looped round, and tried to obviate the queue by heading up the M602, but the exits there were rammed chocka as well.I'd been out so long that by the time I'd refuelled and cooled the car down, I had no feeling in my clutch foot and it was 4.45. And I was still in Manchester.I boshed the 'avoid motorways' option into my satnav and it reckoned I'd need 2 and a half hours to get there. I called it a night at that point, since I'd been on the road since 1.45.Sorry Dave. I did the first Redbeck of the year and so really wanted to do the last - there was a pleasant symmetry to it.

Sr Mcruff, it came on my 1961 Ex MOD 109, (Bought off DaveH) but it stays......drilled and leaky it MAY be, but it's eBay rare, I will NEVER find another one like it.

Volksy did text me to find out when i was picking him up but i was so horrifically hungover i could barely walk and had to go to the pub for hair of the dog and postponed the hangover till tomorrow. Will try harder next time.