Who fancies an old Renault - or two?

Renault18

I really like that 18, can't be many early ones (or late for that matter!) left.That's got me thinking actually. I wonder what the last car sold in the UK with chrome bumpers was?? I reckon the Chevette maybe, not counting things like Rollers and the like.

Like a 78 R14 TL in grey?

Absolutely. Anything with a TL is going to be worth a gawp.Just thinking about the last genuine chrome bumpered motor in the UK - chrome has made some sort of comeback albeit in plastic form - I'd imagine it would be something like a mid eighties Toyota Crown or something. The last metal bumpered car might be easier to discover - off the top of my head I'd say a pov spec Maestro or Maestro van.

Very much so. I think Renault dropped just 'L' specification sometime in the seventies - 4L, 5L didn't get much passed mid 70's. Base model generally became TL from then on in the UK at least.I was really disappointed when Renault dropped the old model designation system - TL, TS, GTL, GTX, TXE etc. Always really liked that for some reason.Expression, Dynamique etc just aint the same.

how is the interior as most TL seats fell apart but TS/GTS much better

No such worries in my povo machine, it's immaculate orangey/tan vinyl!!Don't seem to be able to upload the photo at the mo', but look closely at these photos and you just about get the idea. This car is exactly the same as my Dad's first 18 DDB 395T, even down to the orange vinyl seats, although that was a TS. It was a really early (Feb '79) TS and also had no rubber trims. The TS didn't get the rubber bumper and side trim until a few months into '79 - Renault couldn't make their mind up as to how miserable they could be, although it always had the better velour seats - provided the optional (AT COST :shock::shock::shock: vinyl wasn't ordered)

NO :!::shock::!: He bought it with 17k on the clock. Completely ignoring the Moss Sand V plate TS parked next to it and the red T plate GTL next to that - all of which were higher mileage, but the same money - £3195 at the time.What a tit :wink: Mind you holidays to Ilfracombe, hot sun on that vinyl. . .NICE

I already have three old Renaults and I think that's more than enough for any one man (with the exception of your good self and Mr Bickle, obviously).

And apparently with the exception of me, too.

Posted Image

:roll:

I was the only bidder - does everyone else know something I don't...?

Cheers, 'ppreciate it. I meant everyone else on eBay as well though, not just everyone here. Reckon you should go for that other one - it doesn't look too bad, and it's gotta be worth a pop at a hundred quid. One day I'd like to own an early one with the ribbed dash and umbrella handle gear lever, but there ain't many of those left.Are you still going for that pair o' 30s?