Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

On 21/03/2024 at 12:42, Zelandeth said:

Interesting.  Just had a poke around and can confirm this is a thing.  Previous/next and the numbered buttons work, as does the last page button.  The first page button though just reloads the current one.  That's an odd one.

I've been having this issue as well, however in my experience the (mobile) back button doesn't work, the "PREV" button doesn't work, the "<<" button doesn't work, inputting the page number doesn't work... the only way to return to page 1 is to edit the URL or click the Autoshite logo (or the "Autoshite" back arrow just below it) and then click on the subforum again.

2 hours ago, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

I've been having this issue as well, however in my experience the (mobile) back button doesn't work, the "PREV" button doesn't work, the "<<" button doesn't work, inputting the page number doesn't work... the only way to return to page 1 is to edit the URL or click the Autoshite logo (or the "Autoshite" back arrow just below it) and then click on the subforum again.

Its a bug in the forum software (I mentioned it above). There is a fix waiting to be applied but I've held off for a week or two. As things have settled down to being fairly stable and I don't want to cause too much disruption again just yet. If it's a problem that's really bugging people, I can apply it. Just will take the forum down for an hour or so while it's done. 

Search function is driving me potty, it just doesn't find threads I know exist. Home made pick-ups today.

Don't want anyone to think I'm having a dig, just reporting what doesn't work correctly 

Yeah it's restricted to a year at the moment. That's because I turned off the bigger search service that used to run but didn't behave nicely with the other services. 

If I extend this current service to more than a year or two then the searches take a long time (tens of seconds). Problem is that a search engine (like Google/bing/etc) will find the link on this site and try indexing them. If enough queries at once (which it does) then it overwhelms the server. 

I intend to bring up the original search service but I wanted a period of stability before changing things around again and risking instability. Too much instability in a short time gets infuriating for users.